Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

361 - 380 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Well I’m long over due for a post or two!! Some of you have asked about the Crawlerhauler so I’ll post up the setup. 2004 Volvo ISX Cummins 15L with auto. Trailer is 52’ long 35’ living 17’ Deck for toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
As for the FJ, it’s still going strong with no major issues at all. The URD supercharger has insane power even with the weight of the 49’s. Right now I’m working on some better brakes form innovative machining solutions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,767 Posts
Nice toy hauler!

I don't think I have ever seen wave rotors on a vehicle, motorcycles and snowmobiles yes.

Still awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, but I wanted to say that you've done an awesome job on this build.

I was driving next to an FJC the other day and wondered if anyone had ever done a comp cut on one. I'm a Jeep guy (I know, I know), so I googled "FJ Cruiser comp cut" and it lead me here. I have read every post, and looked at every picture you've posted, and loved watching the build progress.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Hey Guys, FYI Josh is holding out on us...Where's our update buddy? I know you've done a ton since your last update.:nerd

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Hey Guys, FYI Josh is holding out on us...Where's our update buddy? I know you've done a ton since your last update.:nerd
Yes I have! I’m just so damn busy with the shop these days.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #369 (Edited)
So I’m way behind on updaates. To get you all caught up fast here’s a current pic or two

Finally got rid of the smith built bumper. The RESZ fab bumper is amazing, with killer welds. I decided to just clear the bumper, tube fenders and sliders

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
One of the next things I did was build a skid for my Titan black box/205 combo. For those not familiar with this it’s built by a company called NWF.

So basically the my gears look like this
A750 Auto - 3.59:1
Titan box - 2.77:1
NP 205 - 2:1
Axles - 5.38:1
Then double the ratio for the converter in the auto leaving me with nearly 200:1 crawl ratio

Attachments

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,334 Posts
with the suicide door removed for full doorless, do you notice the body twisting at all?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Wow great work. 2 questions:

Did you add a little resonator to the exhaust? If so which is it?
Where do I buy those nifty tubing half joints to weld onto the frame?
Yes a tiny magnaflow

Ruffstuff specialties

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
To see video follow me @530motorsports on Instagram or Facebook

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
361 - 380 of 388 Posts