Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Borla Exhaust NIB for the FJ. I will bring it to the Summit if anyone is interested. Price will be negotiable and a good deal. Make me an offer.

PM if interested. If someone wants it now, I'll ship but you pay shipping. Otherwise I'll bring it to the Summit.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, single.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I thought Borla only made ONE kit for the FJ. Did they make another or is this for just the muffler? Can you post pics or a p/n?

Thanks

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm out of town for the weekend. I'll post up some pics next week. It's muffler and pipes, a pretty huge box.

My service guy at Toyota bought it for his but never put it on. Now his wife has a Highlander and he needs to unload the Borla. I'll get all the info together for ya'll on Monday.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The Borla was by far the best fit and quality on the Jeep TJ.. A good single pipe will handle the exhaust of the FJ... Possibly better than a dual..Ron

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the Borla cat back single exhaust. The muffler is a 2 chamber. There is no cutting or welding. It just bolts right on to a stock FJ. It is stainless steel, all welded with a chrome tip. It retails for $499.

Make me an offer and let me know if you want it brought to the summit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I can't help but to think I missing something here. The kit that borla makes has ONE muffler with resonator, and TWO tailpipes with TWO chrome tips. It is not a chamber style muffler, it is a perforated straight through design. Flowmaster would be an example of a Chamber style muffler, where there isn't any "Glass" packing just deflection baffles that form chambers. Is it possible that you're referring to the TRD brand exhaust? Some folks here think that Borla is manufacturing those for Toyota. I'm curious to figure out which exhaust you're talking about. Can you post a pic?

From previous posts the TRD is manufactured by a company named BOSAL.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'll get you a pic up soon. This was purchased from Toyota. It is not listed on the Borla site. My service guy bought it for his truck. The above is the exact info we pulled up to order it from Toyota.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some pics. Can't get them to load so I'll try them at work tomorrow. The part # on box is 00016-60007 from Southeast Toyota. It does have a TRD tip that exits out the side.

I agree, this is interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I think that the Borla Exhaust is the same as the TRD Exhaust. When my Tacoma came in the options sheet says Borla Exhaust but it is the same as a friends and his said TRD Exhaust.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that the Borla Exhaust is the same as the TRD Exhaust. When my Tacoma came in the options sheet says Borla Exhaust but it is the same as a friends and his said TRD Exhaust.
Al, I think you are correct. Below are the pics. I wonder if the service guys call it Borla cause that who makes it for TRD? I dunno.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Could be... Borla makes the jeep exhaust and markets it both ways. After all, TRD doesn't actually make these things (as you point out). Some people think that TRD develops/designs stuff and then has it made; I think that most likely TRD just markets the products of others. Toyota people are extremely brand loyal and will pay extra $$$ for the TRD stamp.. JMHO.. Ron

PS: Borla rules..

Al, I think you are correct. Below are the pics. I wonder if the service guys call it Borla cause that who makes it for TRD? I dunno.

·
Registered
931 Posts
AHH...That's the "TRD" That's actually manufactured by Bosal for TRD. See link below. It's not actually Borla. Check on the side of the muffler.

BOSAL INTERNATIONAL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts