Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home my Iceberg 2010 and it doesn't have a reciever hitch on it. It is 4x4 and has Borla dual exhaust. It has the convenience package and all terrain package. This was a very bad oversight by me, I need to be able to tow a trailer. I wanted to know what my options are. I saw the stock reciever for sale through Sparks toyota for around $150. Would I need to replace the rear plastic piece with a reciever hitch style one? Any problems with exhaust interference? Seriously no reciever but I have a backup camera seems like they could have added them to all 4x4's.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes you will be fine if you buy the OEM receiver hitch. The hitch from Sparks should be a kit that will include the replacement rear valance with the hitch cutout. I can't say anything about aftermarket hitches working with the Borla exhaust but the OEM hitch looks 1000X's better then any aftermarket hitch.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks, I will find out what's included from Sparks.
Don't forget you'll also need the wiring kit, so add another $80-something ($89, I think).
I just went throught the same thing with my 2010 (but will probably wait for the spring thaw to install it). Shame on Toy for not making the hitch standard equipment, but there's so much money to be made on add-ons. Just like Harley Davidson makes more off their apparell and other parts customizations than they do on bike sales.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my reciever yesterday and installed today. Sparks is quick. Instalation was easy. I actually printed out the instructions from Threads I found on here. I was a little nervous prying on the side tabs, took probably thirty minutes with my kid slowing me down(aka helping). Looks great, I still have to do the wiring probably next weekend. Thanks for the advise on getting the stock one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts