Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone both my headlights went out at the same time. everything else still works even the high beams ,I checked fuse box all is fine any suggestions.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I could be wrong since I haven't changed my bulbs in a while but, I believe the FJ's headlight bulbs are dual filament. So the DRL's and the lows run off one and the high beams run of the second. You might want to double check your bulbs just in case. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wish i could offer some help. I myself would check the fuses in the cab and the ones located in the engine bay.

Goodluck

·
Registered
947 Posts
bulbs burnt out?

drl runs off the high beam filaments. low beams could blow on both bulbs. rare to have both blow out at the same time, but very common to have the lows burnt out and the highs still working.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I've had this happen in two different vehicles with aftermarket bulbs where they both burned up within minutes of each other. I think the only thing they share in common is the HEAD relay and that is also shared with the high beams, so it is clearly working. Your bulbs just went out or you've got very picky rats that only eat low beam wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts