Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a 2007 fj cruiser trd special edition, 122k miles about 8 months ago for 13 grand on CL. Super clean inside and out.

Now it has 130k miles still running beautifully (knock on wood).

I daily drive it and off road about once a month and I plan on keeping it for a while (as long as its still running nicely & or better with upgrades and rebuilds if necessary).

I am about to purchase KING Shocks and want to know if it is worth it with the miles that are on it. Is there anything I should keep in mind before upgrading at such mileage? Is there any upgrades I need to make before installing the shocks?

P.S. The stock bilsteins arent that bad. I just want a nicer stance and more comfortable ride.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
What is your Budget ? do you want to run larger tires ?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have over 220k miles and she still runs like new. I know a lot of the fj and taco guys in the 200k club so don’t you worry about the engine just as long as you keep her happy with fluid changes.
It’s never too late to upgrade your suspension. Treat yourself and the fj to a nice set of kings, fox icons radflos any of those will give you a nice plush cloudy ride. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts