Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Mickey Thompson MTZ's installed... Wow do they blow away the stock rugged trails. Now my tires are better matched to the capabilities of the cruiser....

·
Registered
699 Posts
You will enjoy them for sure! Ive had mine on for quite a while now. Just remember to rotate them often for even wear.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How often do you rotate your MTZ's, also do you rotate in the spare as well?
Thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
How often do you rotate your MTZ's, also do you rotate in the spare as well?
Thanks!
Might as well get the spare in the mix so your tires will last a liitle bit longer. I would rotate every 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How are the MTZ's on the highway?

Thanks in advance
They handle well on the highway and the noise isn't bad at all. I have about 12,000 miles on mine and they are wearing well so far.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I Love M.T.s I got the baja claws with about 23k on them and barely even worn yet. A bit pricey but totally worth it!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
anyone care to comment on how they compare to BFG's KM2s?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I was looking at the MTZ's as well. They give the FJ a real tough look. I went with BFG A/T because I use the FJ for work & put a ton of miles on it. Sounds like the MTZ's might not be too bad wear wise.I'll look into them for next set. To cut the big hit $$$ wise, I'm going to start shopping the web & buying them one at a time starting now. So when it's time for new skin's I'll have them ready to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts