Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I joined a group buy in the Norcalfjs.com site. Got a really good deal on a really god product. I ordered the Boztec Dif Skid on Tuesday and it was delivered on Saturday. a pretty quick turn around.

The Dif Skid came power coated in beige, not a color I want on my all black rig...so I made a quick trip to home depot for a can of Flat Black Rustolium.

After two coats and 20 minutes for the paint to dry (addd the Boztec stickers) I was ready to install.

Sorry there are no pictures of the actual install. But I can say this... the install took all of 10 minutes. Just mount it, put in the U-Boults, tighten and done.
http://www.boztec.us.com/reardiffskidplate.html

THANKS BOZTEC for making a quality product!!! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. How much?
$300 + shipping.
:boohoo:I had to replace my previous axle...ended up costing my $1600 in parts and labor.

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts

I love mine!!!

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I am sure I will get flammed as usuall but I do agree this is a great product & I am not scared to say it! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Great looking product...I book-marked the site, adding to my "list"...

:rocker:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't have one, but I want one. I have seen first hand how great they are and the damage they can prevent. I've had one on my Xmas list for two years and I keep getting coal. I think I'll have to break down soon and buy one. For those of you who don't know Boztec, I can't think of better people to support with my business. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I am sure I will get flammed as usuall but I do agree this is a great product & I am not scared to say it! :cheers:

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Got mine as a surprise xmas present !! I have not installed it yet but I have seen thses in action out on the trail and I was very impressed with how well it worked..

BozTec is owned are run by good people. Its nice to buy a great product from such good people..

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the all the different colors...

·
Registered
160 Posts
One of the best parts of using this skid that most folks overlook, is the sloped
transition from the drive shaft to the pumpkin.

Twice on the Rubicon, I had rocks roll under the pumpkin and hang me up.
The angled transition on the Boztec diff skid takes the "door stop" out of the diff,
allowing you to slide across rocks without stopping.

Sweeet!

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Looks like it also protects the e-locker actuator as well.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I met John this year at SNT and he showed me one of his skids uninstalled and unpowdercoated... it looked ROCK solid! I wanted to run off with it! A great design IMHO. Cant wait to get one.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 89 Posts