Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done this? Do you like the results? I am thinking of painting them red with the Dupli Color kit. Comments?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I painted the calipers on my Cadillac CTS-V with the DupliColor kit. It's very easy and the results have stood up to frequent racing and many miles on the street. As with any other painting, the key is to have the calipers very clean with no oil residue and to thoroughly scuff the surface. Take your time, do good prep work and you will be happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Eastwood has a home powerdcoat kit that you can prep and bake in the home oven. I've considered painting my other vehicle's calipers before and heat was a issue (I'm glad your's held up AZ FJ) so was going with powder coating.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Did My Fj Calipers Front And Back Went To Pepboys Got Some Enaml Blue Spray Paint Took The Wheels Off Cleaned It Up Tapped Up The Area And Sprayed No Clear Coat And The Brakes Still Look Good Nuthin Has Chipped Off Either Go For It

·
Registered
391 Posts
On my old 4Runner I had painted the calipers red using some red hi temp engine paint and it has held up great, even with use and pressure washing. Cheap too.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I painted mine using Dupli-Color BCP400 Red (ceramic) Caliper paint kit.
I did remove the calipers and clean them really good. The paint requires two hours to dry and allow 24-hours for paint to fully cure.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
You did the sway bar too, huh? Nice! That really sets it off under the truck.
Yes, I used the Rust-Oleum Safety Red (Professional) spray paint which is very close to the shade of the TRD (shocks) red paint.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Looks great NDA. Really great compliment to the TRD wheels.

·
Registered
279 Posts
NDA, Personally, i think your graphics are what look the best! ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where did you get the graphics from?

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Seriuosly, where did you get yours? I also like the tire tread one.
If you are serious about doing something original, then you should turn to good old google and see if you can find a company that specializes in wraps or vinyls in your area. That way you can come up with your own special design and be one of a kind. Before i found the checkers for mine, i had planned on doing a Tonka truck theme that seemed to become too popular for my tastes. Ironically i havent seen one truck that is really done up that way! I may as well have, and still might. I had talked with a local sign company that does wraps for company vehicles and he said he could do something like that.

Now go out there and get creative!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found the body decal. It is X2graphics.com.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts