Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Brake Light light up this afternoon.
It triggered VSC and ABS lights as well.

I've looked at some causes.
The brake fluid is at Max level, so its fine.
The Brake light is on when parking brake is engaged, but its not trigging any other lights in this case. My parking brake is disengaged (pedal is up).
No Check Engine Light on, so its not a computer bug.

Trying to see other causes. Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Check your break lines, might be tight back there if you have a lift.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have lift for 6 years now and the light just came on yesterday. All 4 lines are extended Stainless Steel units.

Meanwhile truck seems to have unchanged brake manners, drives as used before. I'm giving a bit more space more today and would not use highway till find wha went wrong.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scanguage
No "Check Engine Light".
ScanGauge does not pick-ups any code.

P.S. I know that not all codes can be read by ScamGauge, especially "Hard" codes. May be this is the case with this "light"...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll see if I can dropthe truck at my mechanic first. Hope he can take a look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Check the brake float sensor in the master cylinder reservoir.
If it's stuck it could cause the light to come on. I usually pull them off and manually move the float with my finger and have a helper watch the light on the dash.
Check the battery too. Sometimes if a battery is starting to die off a low system voltage will make various lights come on.

Just some general ideas...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the truck from mechanic.
The trouble code refers to Left Rear ABS sensor. Looks like either faulty sensor or crown.
I checked RockAuto. They have 2 different sensors. Did anyone had any experience with any of them or brands?

AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 5S6822 --- CAD$175.13
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # ALS685 --- CAD$208.58

Reactions: capodecina

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the Brake Light light up this afternoon.
It triggered VSC and ABS lights as well.

I've looked at some causes.
The brake fluid is at Max level, so its fine.
The Brake light is on when parking brake is engaged, but its not trigging any other lights in this case. My parking brake is disengaged (pedal is up).
No Check Engine Light on, so its not a computer bug.

Trying to see other causes. Any help is appreciated...

I have the exact same problem. Yesterday I leveled the front end of my FJ and all of a sudden my VSC, ABS, and Parking Brake light are permanently on. I have no clue what this could be. Did you ever figure anything out?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the exact same problem. Yesterday I leveled the front end of my FJ and all of a sudden my VSC, ABS, and Parking Brake light are permanently on. I have no clue what this could be. Did you ever figure anything out?
Broken ABS wire on the rear axle. Fixed the wire and lights were gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts