Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just bought my 08 fj and after a month my brake light came on so i looked under the hood and right on the fire wall you can bearly see that its leaking it dosent drip on the ground or nothing.. but you can see that its hapening ..and you can tell thats its starting to eat the fire wall and the frame. so i took it to the dealer to fix because i could not find where it was coming from they looked at it and soon they came and got me to talk to the mechanic. he tells me that is not to big of a deal and that if i want then he can change it but the part was like $5,000 dollars plus 500 dollars labor !::flame: i was like cant you just change the seal ? the reason i ask that because it looks like its right next to the brake fluid resievor it looks like a little propane tank and it looks like its been tighten before.. so when i ask him that he says he doesn't know it might and that little tank is under presser and that he rather change the whole thing..and that he would love to take my money if i want but it wasn't that bad. wtf! ok its like saying the alternator is bad you need a new motor! anyways i see that i not going to get anywhere with this guy. Anyways anyone know if i can change that part is it really under pressure is there a seal under there some where that my master mechanic doesn't know about? if i do change it will i have to bleed the brakes? anyone have this problem before? thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just going off memory here, but I believe that is some kind of accumulator, so it is under pressure with a spring and so forth. I would imagine that it could be serviced.

I'm not sure on how though. I know some where on here there is a link to the service manual in PDF format.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
How about some pictures?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I need pics. I seriously doubt its 5,000 bucks. That would match the price of a hydraulic accumulator on an AH-64 Apache Helicopter lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its probably the ABS actuator that is leaking. You generally can't purchase service parts for those components. But some pictures would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts