Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is the brake line extensions a "must do" with the OME 3" lift?
or it's just a good idea because the oem lines are now boarder line after a
3" lift?

db

·
Registered
462 Posts
i would say i would be a must if you due alot of off camber driving, you are pulling on those brake lines evertime your axle flexs and the brake lines which are rubber will where out. It is a cheap easy fix to install to longer metal ones and have a piece of mind that nothing will happen to them.

If you bind or tweak the rear axle where one end is hanging down and the other end is smashing the bump stop flat you are serious pulling on those brake lines.

Do not be left stranded due the easy fix and be done with it no worrying.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Great who makes a kit or is a customized job? I only ask cause I need 'em

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
With the OME 3" lift you don't need them, but you will have to add a spacer to the rear brake line mounting bracket. When I switched out my OME coils and shocks for the longer Toytec custom coils and longer Bilstein shocks it put the brake lines at their max. Like blackcherry says it's a cheap easy fix to add the longer brake lines. With the longer brake lines you will not need a spacer for the mounting bracket.

Toytec sells them also.
FJ Cruiser Shopping Cart for Toyteclifts.com

Stock lines with a spacer added to upper mounting bracket.

Toytec SS brake lines without spacer added. Just to make sure I wouldn't have any problems when articulating.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I lifted the FJC 2 inches. while installing the rear springs I noticed at full droop my lines were binding, so I ordered a set of stainless lines and replaced the originals.
Now, did you have to? depends on the type of wheeling you do, if you are going to be articulating that rear, yes, if you are going do fire roads or mud, not likely but would be good

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
all pro has the rears and i this man a -fre is now selling a kit with front and rear.
Yup, MAF has the front/rear kit. I have 'em on mine:

MAF brake line front/rear kit.

I wheeled for a bit without them. But it's dicey at max extension (as everyone above mentioned) - it's small cost compared to the lift, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does any one have parts number for the goodridge lines. I want to get longer because of the 3 inch lift. Beside I do like how the ss brake lines feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts