Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I installed Goodridge SS brake lines and ATE Super Blue DOT4 fluid. The lurching / nose-diving under braking was tamed on the rather softly sprung FJ as the brake pedal became really firm (anyone try a Porsche brake pedal? This is pretty damn close) making it easier to feather / caress gently when you simply need a mild weight transfer rather than slowing the car down in corners, and really made modulation much better.

The Goodridge SS brake lines are slightly longer in the back than stock. The retailer said these lines still allow for a safe 3' front / 2' rear lift. The SS lines cost me U$185. The ATE Super Blue DOT4 was about U$35 per liter but I used up a something like 1.5 liters so had to buy two 1-liter bottles. First install, no leaks unlike other SS brake lines I've tried on other cars.

This really gave a whole lot more confidence under heavy / high-speed braking. Didn't change the pads yet (very thick) as my FJ only has 3,500 kilometers. Next up will be more aggressive pads but not until mine are worn.

Here are some pics :grin

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have parts number for the longer brake lines? I’m looking to do the same on mine during my 3 inch lift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts