Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, Toyo rebuilt my front brake system on Memorial Day based on the TSB that has been talked about here on the forum.

The squealing is GONE and the brakes seem much stiffer! How many have actually taken their rig in to get checked for this? How many have gotten the work done and what is your opinion of the fix?

Chime in! I am really pleased with the fix.

Kim :cheers:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't happen to know which range of models was affected, do you?

I see you've got an '07, but I don't experience any squealing or misbehaving brakes on my '08...
Joe, mine screamed like a Banshee from the day I brought him home, August 10, 2006. I took it back in twice, asking them to check it, and was told that it was due to the brake pads Toyota was using. I just put up with it.

Anyhow, this TSB eliminated the squealing and my brakes seem to me to be a lot tougher and not so trigger happy when I hit the brake pedal. I don't know if this was fixed with the 08s or what.

Kim:cheers:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to get this fixed on mine but I don't really want to have to leave it over night so that they can reproduce the sound before they will do the work. I'll most likely take care of this problem early July when I'm on vacation.

Did you have to leave your FJ overnight to reproduce the Howl? Mine will only do it first thing in the morning. I'm happy with my brakes so I'm not in a huge hurry to take care of the TSB.
No Frogeye, I did not have to leave it overnight at all. Seriously, my dealership's service department assigned me a service rep when I bought my FJ. The guy really looks out for me but moreover, he trusts what I tell him about my truck. I told him it was doing this and there were no questions asked at all.

Kim

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for that, I need to get off the RSS feed.

It looks like this TSB is only for those brakes that squeal while in reverse. My brakes squeal when normal braking, not always but sometimes and not obnoxiously loud, just enough to be annoying. It's done this since brand new.
O, mine SQUEALED regardless of whether I was in Drive or in reverse! It was totally obnoxious!

Kim

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, my brake pads were not covered so make sure that they are correct on that one. I paid extra for pads. Just so you know before you go. The best thing for me though was that I was due for the 25k inspection. I got ALOT of stuff done while the CG was there. He drives AWESOME!

Kim

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Folks, no more trigger brakes and no more Banshee! It is AWESOME!

Kim

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh sweet! Mine is at the dealer and I'll get it back in the morning. I hope this works :bigthumb:. So let me get this straight. You've got no more SCREEEEEEEECH SCREECH SCREEEEEEEEEECH !! :rofl:
Nope Froggy, No more SCREECHEEECHEE CHEEE OWEEE OWEE you stepped on my TOE!!! It is so quiet in the morning here now.

Kim:cheers:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm so happy to report that I'm officially SCREEEEEECH free!!!! Thank You Toyota, and Toyota of El Cajon, CA. :bigthumb:
Nice sound, huh????

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Be forceful with it. I am in New Orleans. Mine used to squeal like a banshee in the morning, noon... whenever the humidity is high which is 11 months out of the year here. They did the TSB and put some sort of silencer on the brake pads when they did it and now I am STEALTH!!! End of story.:bandit:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
You know... this was a GREAT TSB!! I think that alot of our folks have gotten their issues with the squealing "BANSHEE" taken care of and well that is GREAT!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts