Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Be forceful with it. I am in New Orleans. Mine used to squeal like a banshee in the morning, noon... whenever the humidity is high which is 11 months out of the year here. They did the TSB and put some sort of silencer on the brake pads when they did it and now I am STEALTH!!! End of story.:bandit:

·
Premium Member
2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE, and a 2019 4Runner TRD Premium
484 Posts
Yap got yer done about a month ago. Love it....

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
got mine done also using the TSB (under warranty), but now it sqeeks again can i get it done again? only prob is im over my 36k warranty?
They may warranty the parts they replaced separately, or the parts come with their own warranty. Check with them anyway. Even though you are past 36k they may be able to replace them again. I am going to look into this myself since mine are screaming right now.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Took mine in for the fender bulge repair and when I picked up the rig, the service guy asked if I was having brake noise, said yes, he said he would order the parts, took it in today and being done. No hassle, they even volunteered to do the work.

Works for me.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I just know that my local dealer is going to give me crap about this TSB, but I will give them another chance. If they balk, I'll take my service elsewhere.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys, just had my front brakes replaced per the TSB. Dealer gave me no problems, just called them and asked them to take a look and 4 hours later, new front brakes.

I was at 16k miles.

Dustin

·
Registered
755 Posts
Isn't just R&R? I haven't taken mine in. My brakes don't squeal. If they squeal at an early stage, there's a some play in the pads. Surprised that they're replacing all the hardware unless they got hosed from a parts distributor

·
Registered
396 Posts
My build date is 06/06 and I had my brakes done this past summer. They didn't give me any grief about the brakes at all. I called the service dept., told them about the squeal and that there was a TSB and he set an appointment for me.

I mentioned the TSB for the inner door handle creak, and they fixed that at the same time. I told them that only one handle was creaking, but they replaced both handles.

They did both of these and an oil change in a few hours.

There is also a TSB for the "Access Door Water Leak" but mine isn't leaking right now. I'll wait until closer to the end of my warranty and have that done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I brought mine in. Dealer gave me a loaner car for two days, didn't cost me a dime. Unfortunately it didn't fix the noise. I know they put in new pads as I can see alot of brake dust on my wheels. I don't know if I will bring it in again.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I just took mine by the shop with multiple TSB print outs to get stuff fixed, I'm dropping it off Wednesday for the work, probably get it back Friday.

I'm really curious though, what is this noise? I have a POP when backing up, it is definately coming from the wheel area, are others having a squeal?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Done! New pads & rotors in just over an hour. No more squealing when I back out of the garage- Thanks Toyota!

Paul.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts