Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2011 Fj Cruiser and having problems with the iphone running off the usb.
Im good with tecky things but this raido is doing my head in , each time i plug it in with my local radio station running on the iphone it starts to play then swaps over to stupid iphone ringtones downloads.
Id like to turn this off i think it might be linked to xm radio which we have free for 3 months.
The bluetooth streaming works but id like to charge my iphone as i drive.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
I have been reading the forums looking for a similar problem. Short answer, the charge capability for the iPhone via FJ USB needs a mod to get it to work. SOmeone is selling an adapter for $2.00. I just use a cigarette adapter charger. It has more juice and quickly recharges my phones.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use the Apple cable, and when I plug in the iPhone 4, it does tell me that the device is not optimized but my stereo does play and control the iPhone, as well as indicate it is charging (and once I unplug, the battery does have more juice).

I would try the Apple cable first, and don't forget you have to push the aux button on your stereo twice (once for the BT music player, once to get to the iphone).

Finally, one more thing I've noticed is it only works if I have the iPod application running already (it doesn't have to be open, just running- double click the button on the iPhone and it will tell you the running apps). If you close out your apps, have an app killer, or restarted your phone, the ipod app will not be running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts