Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I figured we could use this thread as 1 central location to post all present and future Bridgeport runs.
Instead of keeping old threads alive that were only meant for a specific weekend.
If anyone is planning a trip there you only need to check here, to keep from missing out.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have 1 central thread for all runs to say BMRA, another thread dedicated to only Marble Falls, etc.
My apologies if these already exist, all I can find are separate posts scattered about for various weekends.

:laugh

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hey guys, I figured we could use this thread as 1 central location to post all present and future Bridgeport runs.
Instead of keeping old threads alive that were only meant for a specific weekend.
If anyone is planning a trip there you only need to check here, to keep from missing out.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have 1 central thread for all runs to say BMRA, another thread dedicated to only Marble Falls, etc.
My apologies if these already exist, all I can find are separate posts scattered about for various weekends.

:laugh
Works for me!
Just wanna say I had a great time out there on Saturday! I'm just sad I had to leave when I did. I need a longer day out there next time.
I'm just now getting to some of the vids and photo's I have. With the grandkids at the house, I didn't have any time to really go over them. I'm at work looking at them, it's quieter here! lol

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
By the way, this is the hill I was wanting to find. On my very first outing in Feb of 2014, we came upon this hill that we eventually turned around from.
It had a lot of loose dirt and our trail leader was worried that we'd slide into the fence.
I believe it's on the north end of the park.

A few Jeeps showed us up. A lot more of the Jeeps didn't make it, but 2 or 3 of them did.

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Good idea. When's the next run?

·
Registered
771 Posts
By the way, this is the hill I was wanting to find. On my very first outing in Feb of 2014, we came upon this hill that we eventually turned around from.
It had a lot of loose dirt and our trail leader was worried that we'd slide into the fence.
I believe it's on the north end of the park.

A few Jeeps showed us up. A lot more of the Jeeps didn't make it, but 2 or 3 of them did.
I need to avenge myself on that hill too. I haven't found it since I got on it over a year ago.

I might be able to swing the 29th.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think it's a great idea too. Subscribe to the thread to keep up to date! ;)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I need to avenge myself on that hill too. I haven't found it since I got on it over a year ago.

I might be able to swing the 29th.
I'll be in AZ the 21st - 31st of August. It won't be till September sometime before I can head to Bridgeport.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great footage Willy! Thanks for uploading that!
Haha, at 2:12 you can tell that my front end kept sliding into the rut on the left side.
That always freaks me out when I'm tilted way over to the side like that, so I had to get out and walk it.

I like the part at 5:36 you see everyone else parked at the top of the playground but I disappear off to the right.
I kept climbing those little hills and going back over and over. That was fun!

:wink

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Great footage Willy! Thanks for uploading that!
Haha, at 2:12 you can tell that my front end kept sliding into the rut on the left side.
That always freaks me out when I'm tilted way over to the side like that, so I had to get out and walk it.

I like the part at 5:36 you see everyone else parked at the top of the playground but I disappear off to the right.
I kept climbing those little hills and going back over and over. That was fun!

:wink
I freak out at sliding too.
A few times at Jambo I thought I was going to slam into a tree or something.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My wife and I went out there on Sunday the 2nd with my 4Runner, and are planning on going this Sunday (9th) in her FJ. We both work Saturdays, so that kinda ruins a lot of the fun. As long as we can line the babysitter up we are going. If anyone is interested, please hit me up.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the longer wheelbase, if you have a newer 4Runner, unless it's lifted, it won't be able to do the same stuff our FJC's can.
I'm not knocking the 4Runners, I had one for 7 years. It's just the wheelbase seems to hang them up.
I've only been to Bridgeport 3 times, but every single time, I see the 4Runners in the group get hung up on stuff that we clear.
Case in point, we all went to the playground and did these little hills over and over, even those of us with no lifts, and we've posted videos of us doing them.
This 4Runner was with me and Skawty this past weekend, and this is what happened on several hills that we easily cleared...

Exact same hill, both vehicles...

Me :

4Runner:

No damage done, at least here, it's all dirt, but the one big rocky hill Skawty and I climbed later that day, the 4Runner
was scraping bad and getting hung up, never did make it. He had to back down.

I'm just saying you need to be more careful is all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
With the longer wheelbase, if you have a newer 4Runner, unless it's lifted, it won't be able to do the same stuff our FJC's can.
I'm not knocking the 4Runners, I had one for 7 years. It's just the wheelbase seems to hang them up.
I've only been to Bridgeport 3 times, but every single time, I see the 4Runners in the group get hung up on stuff that we clear.
Case in point, we all went to the playground and did these little hills over and over, even those of us with no lifts, and we've posted videos of us doing them.
This 4Runner was with me and Skawty this past weekend, and this is what happened on several hills that we easily cleared...

Me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NRR9eIzJ2o

4Runner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv07mynYURI

No damage done, at least here, it's all dirt, but the one big rocky hill Skawty and I climbed later that day, the 4Runner

I will upload a couple of videos here after awhile. The 4Runner has the Toytec Ultimate lift with 285's. It did great, but my wife wants to get her FJ out there. And I don't blame her. She drove the 4Runner probably 75% of the time.....And kicked that places ass! LOL!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

Me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NRR9eIzJ2o

4Runner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv07mynYURI

He wasn't going fast enough, lol
With a little speed he could have jumped up and over the lip :grin

1 - 20 of 367 Posts