Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

221 - 240 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
That would be sweet. The first time i went to bridgeport you were there. Beast rig you got.
I'll be out there. My friend is also coming with his fx4.

@Skawty it appears you've done quite a bit to yours since I've last seen it. I'm looking forward to checking out your @trailworx bumper as I've been slacking on getting bumpers for my FJ.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just got here :p its cold but sunny

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nice and sunny day at Bridgeport. Awesome meeting everyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Nice and sunny day at Bridgeport. Awesome meeting everyone.
Glad you guys had fun!
I tried saying HI a couple times on my CB but the tiny factory antenna doesn't seem to have any range so I'll be setting up a big antenna and some other CB goodies next weekend.
I felt like doing my own thing today and just cruised around dodging the mud. It's still way too muddy out there for me.
I got this cool panoramic shot though.

:wink

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Glad you guys had fun!
I tried saying HI a couple times on my CB but the tiny factory antenna doesn't seem to have any range so I'll be setting up a big antenna and some other CB goodies next weekend.
I felt like doing my own thing today and just cruised around dodging the mud. It's still way too muddy out there for me.
I got this cool panoramic shot though.

:wink
Sarah and I waved you in to follow us...looked like you were back there on the main road, lost you when we hit a trail. You missed a hell of a time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I'll try and make it out there on the 16th if nothing gets in the way. I've never been out there with anyone that has experience. I'm hoping it'll dry up some because the muddy water out there scares me for how deep it "could" be. HaHa.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Aw man, could of done what I did, 5 minutes down the road is the self service car wash. :nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nice pictures there. I was at the park on saturday the 2nd. I got to the park about noon and left about 3pm after this mishap. I wish I had met you guys.
Dang man, I had KO2s too going through that spot and made it through. There must be a really sharp rock there because I remember another vehicle having a flat in that area too, but that was in the dry.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dang man, I had KO2s too going through that spot and made it through. There must be a really sharp rock there because I remember another vehicle having a flat in that area too, but that was in the dry.
Glad you made it through ok.

I saw this rock and took a wrong angle and tried to go up a small incline, but because it was so muddy and slippery, all I did was slide back into the track and placed my tire right infront of the rock for it to basically slice through it. I could have tried and gone over the rock, but I thought I could go by it. Well, the rock was just sitting there like a knife waiting for me. And when I got there and felt my wheels spinning, I stepped on it giving enough momentum that made it easy for the rock to slice through my tire wall.

There goes my KO2. Now I need to buy a new one.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Glad you made it through ok.

I saw this rock and took a wrong angle and tried to go up a small incline, but because it was so muddy and slippery, all I did was slide back into the track and placed my tire right infront of the rock for it to basically slice through it. I could have tried and gone over the rock, but I thought I could go by it. Well, the rock was just sitting there like a knife waiting for me. And when I got there and felt my wheels spinning, I stepped on it giving enough momentum that made it easy for the rock to slice through my tire wall.

There goes my KO2. Now I need to buy a new one.

Dang, and I was told the 3ply sidwalls were so tough... Might have to rethink my summer tire choice. Glad I haven't bought them yet. Might have to go for something even beefier.

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
This usually only happens when people don't air down or are running street tires with weak sidewalls.
I was there with you Skawty when the guy in the new Tacoma was on that same trail and did the same thing. He wasn't aired down at all.
I've gone down that same path 10 times at least and never had any problems, but when I do it I'm aired down to 20 psi.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Nice pictures there. I was at the park on saturday the 2nd. I got to the park about noon and left about 3pm after this mishap. I wish I had met you guys. Here is my thread about my trip and a few pics...

Offroading at Northwest OHV park. Bursted tire sidewall!!! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

Your photos are blocked here at work, I'll have to look when I get home.
I did read your other post and that guy from beartrax is legit! He has a great shop in Dallas!

And you're going to need some of that work if you do the "Overland" trip next Xmas-NYE in Big Bend I'm putting together ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here is a video of the outing on 01-03-2016. Could have more footage, but got tired of changing batteries and ran out of memory.

221 - 240 of 367 Posts