Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

281 - 300 of 367 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Steel...super heavy. I have hit and scraped them on many rocks...if i had to do it again i would have got aluminum for the weight. Then again not sure if aluminum will bend as my ttue 1/4 inch aluminum skid plate has dents in it and my steel skids have none.

Same reasons I will probably go for Steel skids, plus the extra weight will lower the center of gravity, making the FJ even more stable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
So I made it to the park at 9:00am...only saw a crew of Dirt bikes. I was finally able to use my winch today:rocker: As i was leaving the park I saw group of Toyotas, 4Runners, FJ, and Tacomas.

I made a video for my Youtube channel...
FJ Cruiser Offroad BFG KO2
Just saw this on YouTube last night. I like the part at the end where you say man you can't see sh!t

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Thank you! I have links and link armor planned in the next few months.
Since they are the weakest link on our rigs, I was actually going to start with lower links then do skids after.
I just happened to find this thread comparing lower links and ended up buying some a few minutes ago.
This is a killer deal, so I thought I would pass it along to you.
$153 for a pair!

Make sure you apply the discount code at the website to get this low price.
Here's the thread, scroll down half way on page 2:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/523489-lower-link-comparison-guide-2.html

:wink

·
Registered
304 Posts
Going out to Bridgeport today. Just wanted to get out of the house

Reactions: 81N4RY

·
Registered
304 Posts
How was it?
It was pretty dry for most of the park. However, the parts that usually have mud have so much more now. Also there was a hill cilmb i normally like to do on the east side, but these jeeps in front of me tore it up and didnt make it up. I turned around after waiting 15 minutes and went to the other side.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
It was pretty dry for most of the park. However, the parts that usually have mud have so much more now. Also there was a hill cilmb i normally like to do on the east side, but these jeeps in front of me tore it up and didnt make it up. I turned around after waiting 15 minutes and went to the other side.
There is a group going out on Sunday. Meeting at the gate at 9am.
see y'all there if you can make it. :D

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Lots of hot sunny days and very little rain in the forecast so hopefully BP will dry out some.
We're installing my skids this weekend and doing a bumper install for another guy so that will keep us busy this weekend.
Might check out the trail conditions in BP next weekend, the 18th or 19th.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lots of hot sunny days and very little rain in the forecast so hopefully BP will dry out some.
We're installing my skids this weekend and doing a bumper install for another guy so that will keep us busy this weekend.
Might check out the trail conditions in BP next weekend, the 18th or 19th.
I'll be heading out to Bridgeport Sunday afternoon for a Fathers day run

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Anyone go to Bridgeport recently? Just curious of the conditions. I want to get the dirt bike out there.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Anyone go to Bridgeport recently? Just curious of the conditions. I want to get the dirt bike out there.
Check the Tandem FB page Scott. A group of us went out there while you guys were at the Summit.
It wasn't too bad. I'll go with you if I get a turn riding the bike.

:wink

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I'm starting to jones for some more wheeling!
It's been since the first week of June (about a month after Jambo) that I've wheeled.
If it wasn't for the rain, I'd sneak out this weekend.

Does anyone have any plans to go out before the Barnwell Members Appreciation thing in Sept?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm starting to jones for some more wheeling!
It's been since the first week of June (about a month after Jambo) that I've wheeled.
If it wasn't for the rain, I'd sneak out this weekend.

Does anyone have any plans to go out before the Barnwell Members Appreciation thing in Sept?
I'm waiting for my new tags to come in and some sliders before we head out again.

281 - 300 of 367 Posts