Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for sharing. But the shaky camera makes me dizzy.

:wink
yeah...I can't take video and walk backwards! At one point I was walking backwards and walked into some kind of thorny brush and thought I was being attacked by bees!

We are hooking up the GoPro this sunday.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
My wife driving the FJ today at Bridgeport.

https://youtu.be/057rooylWAA

I was experimenting with different camera angles and using a tripod for a steady cam. Here's a short video from today:

https://youtu.be/l268iC0ce_I

I forgot to load my tripod on our last trip. I had the tiny one on a rock for Dennis' and Michael's winching.
I'm taking it on my roadtrip in 2 weeks, I hope to get some good footage!

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My opinion, my GoPro quality suxass. I'm not happy with it at all. This video below I was shooting 1080 at 30fps, normal aspect.
I tried Wide and Narrow and 60fps and it looks the same.
This was a very bright day, full sun, around noon, no clouds at all, so it should be clearer.
I thought maybe it's focusing on the windshield since it is on the inside of the cab, so I mounted it on the front bumper.
I still think it looks like crap.
What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/bcpZUFoF_oY

·
Registered
304 Posts
My opinion, my GoPro quality suxass. I'm not happy with it at all. This video below I was shooting 1080 at 30fps, normal aspect.
This was a very bright day, full sun, around noon, no clouds at all, so it should be clearer.
I thought maybe it's focusing on the windshield since it is on the inside of the cab, so I mounted it on the front bumper.
What do you guys think?

It looks fine to me.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
These are the new rims I was looking at from Discount Tire.

I Photoshopped them onto my FJ, haven't bought them yet. I think they look good...

Also thinking about replacing the door handles with the black TT type.
Paint wouldn't look right and would wear easily.
Then use the oem quicksand paint to match the mirrors to the body.

What do you think of this look?

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts

I Photoshopped them onto my FJ, haven't bought them yet. I think they look good...

I think the rims would look good. As far as the handles, I bought tundra handles from trdparts4u. They look and fit the same as the TT handles.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think the rims would look good. As far as the handles, I bought tundra handles from trdparts4u. They look and fit the same as the TT handles.
Interesting. What advantages are there to Tundra handles over FJTT?
Can you post a photo closeup of them on your rig?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
What do you guys think?

I think you're right... it wasn't as sharp as I'd expect it to be.
I would definitely try some other shots from the FJ and in and around the house, just to see how they differ.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

I bought some handles from TRDPARTS4U that were like $45 or so for the pair.
I also bought plasti-dip for other parts of the FJ that I hope to get to painting soon.
THose rims look nice.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Interesting. What advantages are there to Tundra handles over FJTT?
Can you post a photo closeup of them on your rig?
Price, I'm sure.
I haven't installed mine yet (This weekend, hopefully), when I do I'll post pics too.
Here's the door handle page. TRDPARTS4U is open Mon-Fri. I did a will call pickup one friday to save on shipping.
All > Door Handles - Toyota of Dallas - TRDparts4u accessories for your Toyota car, truck, 4x4 or SUV with Genuine Toyota and offroad specialty parts.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Price, I'm sure.
I haven't installed mine yet (This weekend, hopefully), when I do I'll post pics too.
Here's the door handle page. TRDPARTS4U is open Mon-Fri. I did a will call pickup one friday to save on shipping.
All > Door Handles - Toyota of Dallas - TRDparts4u accessories for your Toyota car, truck, 4x4 or SUV with Genuine Toyota and offroad specialty parts.
OMG> Thanks! I couldn't find them on the website, I appreciate that link!
For $48? Sold! I am buying a pair right now!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those door handles have to be the easiest thing to install on the FJ. If you spend more than 5 min something went wrong. The only difference may be the texturing of the plastic. But I haven't seen them side by side to compare.

21 - 40 of 367 Posts