Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can buy a pass and drive on the protected (north) end of the beach. Has anyone done this? Any pics? I lived there for a year, but at the time didnt have a 4x4. I know theres at least one visible shipwreck up that way. Saw a red fox and her babies on the beach around 8th st. once, kinda cool. Did you know the Germans were right offshore in U-boats during WW2? Check out the museum sometime. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know you can buy a pass and drive on the protected (north) end of the beach. Has anyone done this? Any pics? I lived there for a year, but at the time didnt have a 4x4. I know theres at least one visible shipwreck up that way. Saw a red fox and her babies on the beach around 8th st. once, kinda cool. Did you know the Germans were right offshore in U-boats during WW2? Check out the museum sometime. Thanks.
I've driven on the beach in Strathmere, Sea Isle, and Townsends Inlet. Is there any place to Off-Road in South Jersey?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've driven on the beach in Strathmere, Sea Isle, and Townsends Inlet. Is there any place to Off-Road in South Jersey?
Wharton State Forest and surrounding areas are fairly well known for off-road trails, dirt roads, mud bogs and various hazards that can be enjoyed. Several trips have been organized thru this site and well documented.

I have not been there myself - I tend to hang out a little closer to my home town.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I grew up in NJ, and have been living on the west coast for the last 7 years, but I still call Jersey home... I'll be back on the good coast from the end of June until April, so I'm excited about hitting up some of the spots I've heard about. The pine barrens that my dad reminisces about is where I want to head. I am a fairly recent "wheeler" since the 07 FJ is my first 4WD, so I can't recommend anyplace.

If I were you, I'd ask Bandi... he's a central Jersey superstar, and he might know the choice spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts