Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these LUYED LED bulbs some time ago and finally found them when cleaning up.

Has anyone installed these?
Are they MUCH brighter than stock and are they durable?

Are there better options out there for a MUCH brighter back-up light short of installing a third light that are durable as well as bright?

Thank you

Pat

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the same backup LED lights that you posted to. They are super bright and have been working with no problems for about ~4 years now. Put a little dielectric grease on the electrical contacts for some corrosion protection and easier future removal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You won't have to install a backup light with these. They are ridiculously bright and the regular filament bulb doesn't even come close to the led to answer your question.

·
Registered
946 Posts
These are nice and cheap, but I know my fat hand won't be able to get into that access panel to install these. :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
These are nice and cheap, but I know my fat hand won't be able to get into that access panel to install these. :(
i'm sure all of us know what you're referring to. lol! i remember reading somewhere on the forums (think may have been on the "what i've learned today" area) that a member mentioned he thought all the fj design engineers must all have had hands smaller than his little niece. i've cut/scraped up my hands pretty good changing out the rear bubs. almost got my hand actually stuck in that compartment. i may purchase one of these tools for the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's weird, I can get my hand in there to turn and pull out the light socket but, when I put it back in I need the girlfriends smalls hands because I just can't twist the socket back into the housing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Think that would do it? Got a link?
here's the link on amazon. i ordered one and should be receiving soon. looks like it will come in handy.
hopefully it will also work with led push in bulbs. just a little worried may be a little small since it's described as for mini bulbs, but we'll see.

as with amazon, there's also a few other similar tool options there.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
AUXITO Error Free 912 921 T15 LED Bulbs 2000 Lumens Bright CSP 9-SMD Plug and Play for Backup Reverse Lights, 6500K White (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G7QD5T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_h6v.DbMSMZB3H

I’ve had them installed for about a month now... they’re a little tricky to get in, but worth while in my opinion as they’re crazy bright.. like headlights bright. I have a backup camera and with these lit up its like daylight.

·
Registered
393 Posts

these mounted in the bumper worked well. Turned the night into day. I removed the factory bulb and tap spliced into the reverse wires inside the rear corner panels. No rain or corrosion.

·
Registered
946 Posts
here's the link on amazon. i ordered one and should be receiving soon. looks like it will come in handy.
hopefully it will also work with led push in bulbs. just a little worried may be a little small since it's described as for mini bulbs, but we'll see.

as with amazon, there's also a few other similar tool options there.
Did you get around to trying out this tool to change out the light bulbs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts