Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Arctic White
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I broke the factory step :). The good news is with that I will now start looking for some real grinders and step combo. I am wondering which one I should be seriously looking at and links to them. I will also consider some with out steps since I don’t really use it anyways but nice for other people such as my daughter and getting access to the roof as I will be putting a Baja rack on as I get money.

Thank you all guys and gals

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,094 Posts
Well sorry it broke but as always, it is a good excuse to upgrade!

Check out this thread put together by Iconic_. It is a good one to look over to get an idea about the construction and cost of some of the sliders out there.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/485257-rock-slider-comparison-guide.html

If I were getting a nice slider for a good price, I would look at the ones from Pure FJ Cruiser, they are pretty much what I have and have been good not only for standing on but also for rock protection if you end up going off-road and need them. But here is a link to the rock slider section of Pure FJ's website so you can see pictures of what is out there.

https://www.purefjcruiser.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17

·
Registered
467 Posts
A lot of what you choose is relative to where you are. Example: south Louisiana is great mudding and offroad country, but you have to dig 30 feet deep to find a rock! East Texas has rocks, but most of them are easily manageable with stock gear. Oklahoma has rocks and mud and flatlands - like Arkansas. You can get into crawling or not - depends on the trail.

I spent a lot less than most because I am not rock crawling and I have to drive 4-6 hours to even get to somewhere I MIGHT be able to rock crawl. Simple light duty sliders are enough for me. I also pay attention to my lev-o-gages - already came close to rolling her on some steep hills.

Individual choice, as always, but I would encourage you to be realistic about what you will be doing with your FJC - sliders can cost more than tires and suspensions. Sometimes its better to hang on to that money and use it elsewhere if you aren't going bouldering every weekend.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have the TT oem slider + nfab (hate their branding on it), side steps

The side steps in back great for young kids but sacrifices some ground clearance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts