Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, here is what happens when you let the high lift jack slip out of your hands and it bumps the corner window. You hear shattering glass and then hear yourself say '^*&*()()&*%%%'

So now I need new decals.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Ouch! That sucks! So the Hi-Lift is the red up on the rack and you were taking it off? I feel for you man..I hate to think how much that glass is going to be :( Is anything exposed interior wise to the elements? It seems like that end is mostly for looks but I didn't go out and look...not that I would drive around with it broken like that but at least there is not a water damage hazard in the meantime.

It's interesting how the front corners broke also..

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the red is the high lift jack and I was putting it up on the rack. The window will be replaced today for the normal glass deductible. For me that's $250. Just replaced the front windshield about a month ago.

The window is still water and air tight but it has the shatter cracks all through it and I'm sure another bump would finish it off. It was just the outside pieces that actually fell off.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Between that and rock chips is why I lowered my deductable from the standard $250 down to $25!! It's only a few dollars more but it"s well worth the piece of mind! I feel for ya, ugh.:mecry:

·
Registered
198 Posts
why I lowered my deductable from the standard $250 down to $25!! It's only a few dollars more but it"s well worth the piece of mind!
^^ this ^^

I dropped mine to $50 after some crackhead took my GPS . Hardly raised the premium at all.

Now I dare my arb marshmallow Jack to break anything..... other than itself.

Sent using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yup, it's tempered glass, so all it takes is one little chip or deep scratch to completely shatter it. So if you actually had to pay for all of it how much?

I may have to add glass insurance to mine. I got a new windshield when I bought it in Feb. but it already has a small "bullseye" chip in it. Got to get that repaired soon!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure of the actual cost. The insurance company just will send out one of their approved installers. We actually picked one for the front windshield that wasn't on their list and that was/is a nightmare. They ended up gluing down a piece of metal molding. The one that most folks loose. But I guess the glue is better than the painters tape that used the 1st time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts