Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my FJ for almost 5 months now....I have put exactly 2106 miles on it....and last night...hit something and now I have an onion sized set of cracks in concentric rings in my front windshield......right in the drivers line of sight!

This sucks.....I dont even know what hit me. I cant find an impact point and it was dark, about 2200 last night.

This happened at about the same time frame in my 94 K5 Blazer also...had a rock from a semi in front of me hit my windshield and crack it.

Seems fate has a setup for me on my rigs in chipping them and cracking them.

Sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Well that just stinks! But it sounds to me like 2,106 mile "mojo" because of what happened to your previous Blazer. Best of luck with your replacement windshield. Then you will be back to FJ-Cruisen.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
i need to have mine replaced soon as well. There is an ABC video in a thread about having your windshield replaced. Be careful of where you have it done.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would if I were you....might have just cursed yourself!

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
It took less than 24 hrs and 50 mi till I took my first chip.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
knock on wood, i only have one, little chip(on the pass side)..i often think that i have been lucky due to the fact that i have 6" of lift...that puts me up a little higher, and thus putting rocks lower..i also do not have many(like 1 or 2 small) chips on the front bumper...good luck, and sorry to hear it......chalk it up to a good character mark

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
So far got 26K miles and still have original windshield!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
25,000 Kms and still the original windshield as well - with the original crack I received after 3 months of ownership, plus all the original stone chips which number close to a dozen, the extreme pitting etc....all original!! :)

Will change out the windshield one day if I can ever stay in town long enough to get it done...

·
Registered
308 Posts
just had mine replaced last Wednesday. They did a great job, replaced all the clips and the top trim molding too. If you don't already get a zero deductible on your comprehensive. The small amount added to your insurance is worth it's weight in gold should ya need the whole deal replaced.
Good luck amigo! :bandit:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts