Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Picked these up from Bones (great guy!) at OMF Performance earlier today:

16-inch bronze TRD wheels converted to beadlocks. With the conversion, they are now 16x8 wheels. I decided to go with black rings since I already blacked out all the external silver parts on the FJ (grille, mirror, door handles).

I have a set of 5 of the original rings, new, that I will post up for sale soon. I gotta head out right now, but wanted to get these pics up. They turned out way better than I expected -- OMF did fantastic work on these!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Nice... post up some pics when installed.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Those are sick! Going to look great on that VDB. Having a VDB FJ myself I'm going to have to see this. I'm subbing this thread, please post some pics when you get them on.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks very good... Your rig is the rig that sparked my purchase! thought you had got rid of it since i havent seen you around in a while!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks very good... Your rig is the rig that sparked my purchase! thought you had got rid of it since i havent seen you around in a while!
Nope I'm still rockin the FJ. :rocker: I've just been off the boards this past year -- last January I got a Canon 50D DSLR, and got bit by the camera bug. So a few lenses and some camera gear later, I'm happy with my photog setup now and have started looking again at new mods I can do for my FJ.

Have to make up for the lack of mods I made in 2010 (none) by getting these beadlocks done, lol :rofl:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a teaser pic. I purchased a single tire (Toyo Open Country MT 305/70R16) to mount up as the spare, but found out that my lug nuts won't work with these wheels -- even a thin-walled socket won't fit. Apparently they need a keyed spline-drive set of lug nuts, which I have placed an order for (TRD part # PTR27-35090). These are chromed, which goes against my no-bling preference, so I'll have to source some black lug nuts once I confirm they are the same size as these TRD ones.

Kinda bummed I didn't get to mount the wheel, so it will go in the cargo area until these lug nuts come in. I will be getting the rest of the tires this weekend at the earliest.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
those look amazing!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Teaser #2 :

The lug nuts came in today so I was able to mount the spare up. They are TRD re-brands of McGard SplineDrive lug nuts. I also decided to install the domes (raw aluminum finish) which I thought would complement the shiny lug nuts (nickel and chrome plated) and center cap (plastic but looks like machined aluminum). I think it looks pretty decent. At least it's functional bling :rofl:

Crappy cell phone pic. From this low angle, the tire looks absolutely huge, but trust me, it's a 33x12 tire :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Me likey..... THat's my next set of wheels... Mine will be black with silver ring... Cool!!! THanks for sharing!!! :rocker: :cheers: :wave:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow! AWESOME wheels! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. If you don't mind...how much did Bones charge you to install the beadlocks? How long did it take?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts