Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Any idea how much each rim/tyre weighs?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks everybody for the compliments. I like these wheels too. :lol:

That's a really nice wheel/tire combo. I definitely would like to hear what your impressions are after mounting them up
It's been about a month, and I have no complaints so far. I haven't exhibited any of the vibration problems that others have had with the stock version of this tire (with the fake ring). The only possibility I can think of is that the fake ring is a little wider than the side of the rim, so it's possible that the resulting "lip" can trap in dirt or mud because the fake ring doesn't have any holes for debris to escape.

Wow! AWESOME wheels! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. If you don't mind...how much did Bones charge you to install the beadlocks? How long did it take?
Pricing depends on the options you get (ring style, ring color, flush mount, rock domes, bolt style, etc), so without getting too specific, the pricing to do each wheel was about the same as the price of the wheel itself. Turnaround time was very quick. It was about 2 weeks to get it converted, and that was over the xmas break too.

Any idea how much each rim/tyre weighs?
IIRC, Eric mentioned that each wheel weighs 28 lbs in each build up thread.
What Thong said :) I totally forgot to weigh the tire/wheel combo, but just from trying to lift one up to the spare mount, the 16" beadlock with 33x12 Toyo Open Country's feels a bit heaver than the 17" Mojaves with 34x12 Good Year MTRs. I'll try to remember to weigh them when it's time to rotate.

Work has been keeping me busy, so I haven't had a chance to take these out for a spin in the dirt, so I have some poseur driveway pics in the meantime. Fear not -- as you can see, these are some very mall crawling capable wheels, in case anybody was wondering.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Holy huge pictures batman! Those look beautiful though! I love the beadlock TRD rims. Not a fan of the original TRD Rims though. I'm glad they tried again! :)

underactive - where can I find out some more information about your rear bumper? That's the best one I have seen in a long time.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
badass wheels!

·
Registered
23 Posts
very,very nice. going with a similar set up. was thinking candy red beadlock but I like your blacked out idea better,especially since mine is blacked out as well. Now I just have to decide on a tire ! I have a 3 inch toytec lift. any suggestons ????

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
very,very nice. going with a similar set up. was thinking candy red beadlock but I like your blacked out idea better,especially since mine is blacked out as well. Now I just have to decide on a tire ! I have a 3 inch toytec lift. any suggestons ????
Replied to your PM :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
These are fantastic wheels Eric. You know, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.....I may need to imitate these wheels.

Awesome job!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would say the wheel locks are functional on that setup. You wouldn't want those rolling off in the night.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts