Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the FJ a new rack insert and I'm stoked! Now I have full use of my OEM rack. This thing is solid, bro. I forgot how but I found this dude down in Mex named Francisco...I guess he's an FJ guy with some welding skills cuz he makes these super sic racks! His name is FJ REY and he cuts you a deal! This is what I was looking for for sooo long bros... Now I got's me 70" of rack space and I can lay sh!t flat across the top too, like my kayak and wood and other sh!t! Feels good to support the small business man too. Check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Whats up Steve!
Not to much. Getting projects on the house and the FJ done. I had to replace a stripped drain plug on the FJ today. I was going to call around to some ford dealers to see if they got a bronco in the show room I can go see. :)Did your fab guy make the brackets that hold it to your rack also?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to much. Getting projects on the house and the FJ done. I had to replace a stripped drain plug on the FJ today. I was going to call around to some ford dealers to see if they got a bronco in the show room I can go see. :)Did your fab guy make the brackets that hold it to your rack also?
The brackets are welded in. He includes the bottom part and the hardware. 5 min install, 250lb capacity. We should go hit Pilot or go shoot 1no9 soon.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I’m pretty happy for you that you got a nice rack insert, but I’d be happier if I knew how to get one for myself and get his guy some business. How ‘bout you us his deets, bro?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m pretty happy for you that you got a nice rack insert, but I’d be happier if I knew how to get one for myself and get his guy some business. How ‘bout you us his deets, bro?
sorry my man...here is how I found him, on FB. $250 plus shipping for the rack. What else could I ask for? https://www.facebook.com/FjCruiserRoofRack

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Thanks for sharing! It is always nice to have new options for our FJs!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks like he's built a version to fit with OEM dam too 👍 Good find

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,912 Posts
Yeah Im putting this on my list! Looks very useful!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the FJ a new rack insert and I'm stoked! Now I have full use of my OEM rack. This thing is solid, bro. I forgot how but I found this dude down in Mex named Francisco...I guess he's an FJ guy with some welding skills cuz he makes these super sic racks! His name is FJ REY and he cuts you a deal! This is what I was looking for for sooo long bros... Now I got's me 70" of rack space and I can lay sh!t flat across the top too, like my kayak and wood and other sh!t! Feels good to support the small business man too. Check it out.
Bro, I’m glad you found the same guy as I did. He does awesome work on these ReyRacks and the welds are real clean. I got mine a couple of days ago to and I took it to my local Line-X dealer and had it Line X. It’s not bad for the price and he ships it very well boxed as well. I agree with you, we gotta support the small business community. I’m posting some pics of the day I got it and the finished product with Line X. Enjoy your ReyRack bro!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looks like you have it fitted all the way to the back, thats what I was thinking of getting it for. Do you have another shot of the whole rack? Curious how that front air dam looks back that far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like you have it fitted all the way to the back, thats what I was thinking of getting it for. Do you have another shot of the whole rack? Curious how that front air dam looks back that far.
Assume you're asking me. I have it mounted forward. Not sure I could get it any farther forward. Took these pictures today.
20200726_141234_HDR.jpg 20200726_141240_HDR.jpg 20200726_141256_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing. I don't put heavy stuff up there but sometimes wish I had more flat space and would never pay $700 for the bajarack insert.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts