Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the NWFJCC private forum as well, but does anyone have any interest in weekend Brown's camp runs? I'm not really interested in staying for multiple days, or at least not camping since I live just over an hour away. But I would love to get some people together for my first Brown's camp experience.

·
Registered
255 Posts
How about Saturday the 15th???
Larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
saturday the 22nd would be good.
I have to work Sunday.

lets see if we can round up some wheelers.

Larry

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saturday the 22nd would be good.
I have to work Sunday.

lets see if we can round up some wheelers.

Larry
Alright, you're definitely a veteran compared to me. I will plan on being there. See if I can get some buddies to go. I don't plan on being able to hang with you in the crazier stuff. I'm running a 3" Revtek Lift. Not nearly a SAS rig like yours. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Alright, you're definitely a veteran compared to me. I will plan on being there. See if I can get some buddies to go. I don't plan on being able to hang with you in the crazier stuff. I'm running a 3" Revtek Lift. Not nearly a SAS rig like yours. :bigthumb:
Your 3" lift should be fine for most Browns Camp runs. I can try for Saturday 22 as long as work doesn't blow up in my face.

J

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your 3" lift should be fine for most Browns Camp runs. I can try for Saturday 22 as long as work doesn't blow up in my face.

J
Perfect! So trunk monkey and rose city are in? I'm stoked. Should I post this anywhere else to try to get more people?:cheers:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does anyone know how much of it is even open this time of year?
I thought they closed huge sections off for winter.
Haven't seen forum postings of closures(here, cascade cruisers, those guys etc.) They may close some of the steeper climbs if they start to get under cut.

BTW Lockingsandstorm I may have bigger tires but am far from an experienced off roader.
Still need a map to get lost at TSF.

Larry

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
692 Posts
I can respect that. Is there a more reliable update rather than essentially "Show up and find out"?
The Trail Report page above is the reliable published mechanism. There's also contact information on the page for Browns Camp, so you might write or call for more up to date conditions. Or you can see for yourself. :D

I don't believe nearly all trails are listed on the closure list, but keep in mind that the BC area has elevation gains and doesn't start at sea level. ;)

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't seen forum postings of closures(here, cascade cruisers, those guys etc.) They may close some of the steeper climbs if they start to get under cut.

BTW Lockingsandstorm I may have bigger tires but am far from an experienced off roader.
Still need a map to get lost at TSF.

Larry
Larry, I'll plan on the 22nd. Looks like I may be traveling for work right up to that time so I'll let you know if I need to cancel.

- Lee

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I'm a no-go for Saturday. Sorry for bailing on something I tried to set up myself. I'll be traveling to the east coast and getting back mid day Saturday with little intention of going off road after 9 hours of travel :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks like I'm a no-go for Saturday. Sorry for bailing on something I tried to set up myself. I'll be traveling to the east coast and getting back mid day Saturday with little intention of going off road after 9 hours of travel :(
No problem
I am going to hook up with the wheelers over at "Those Guys off road" club.
They are up there every other week it seems.

Larry

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem
I am going to hook up with the wheelers over at "Those Guys off road" club.
They are up there every other week it seems.

Larry
Sounds like fun. Wish I could join. :mecry:

Next time! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Wish I would have seen this last month. I would be interested in a visit to Browns Camp. I often have mid week off but I can also swing a weekend now and then..

Stock FJ though, and not thrilled about too much trail damage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts