Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being hopeful about this as much as I can hehe, but I'm curious if there's any product or anything we can do about scratches on our brush guard? I have some very light scratches on my ARB and it's just annoying to see. I know it's steel, but come on, a man has the right to dream. :) So is there anything we can do to "hide" these marks? It use to be sexy, but now it has battle scars (which is hardcore though).

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I have some brush marks to the corners from where i have bumper trees out on the trail. If it is light scratches, you can try using clay bar, and then a couple coats of wax.
If the scratches are all the way to the metal, you can find some touch up paint to use.
This duplicolor website shows how to touch up paint.
How To Center
it has an video showing how to do it. It wasn't working on my mac though, so i don't know if it is down or just don't like the apple.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some brush marks to the corners from where i have bumper trees out on the trail. If it is light scratches, you can try using clay bar, and then a couple coats of wax.
If the scratches are all the way to the metal, you can find some touch up paint to use.
This duplicolor website shows how to touch up paint.
How To Center
it has an video showing how to do it. It wasn't working on my mac though, so i don't know if it is down or just don't like the apple.
Cool Thanks. So have you only used the clay bar on your bumper so far or have you gone onto the duplicolor technique as well?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The clay bar and waxing technique usually only works on lighter scratches, if the scratches are deeper, it'll be best to use the duplicolor.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, i got it on the left and right side of my brush guard, right in front of both headlights, it looks like someone took a key and drew hair lines. lol, i had fun offroading last week that's why.

So guess what I ended up doing? I put some decals over them! haha

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sorry no. If you get the winch dirty or need to polish your oil filter i can tell ya what to do. ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry no. If you get the winch dirty or need to polish your oil filter i can tell ya what to do. ;)
From what I can see, my winch isn't dirty, but what if it was? How would you clean that?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I don't care if people think i am a sissy or that i am the coolest guy in the world for wanting my FJ to look nice and not all scratched banged up.
I say try the clay bar and wax. If that doesn't work, try the duplicolor.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
PS you don't own a brush guard, it is a bull bar. (it doesn't guard from bushes, it kills them) :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts