Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have photos of Toyota's 'brush guard' for the FJ?

Thanks in advance.

Chaz

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
No photos as it is my understanding it hasn't been shown on a real vehicle yet. However, the fj build section of the yota site does display what it looks like if you wait long enough for it to load when you have it selected in the accessories section of the site. It doesn't look bad, but I don't know what kind of cost is going to be associated with it. If it costs more than $300 bucks you may want to wait for the ARB!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Check out the green one that was at SEMA. That's probably what it will look like on a real vehicle. Looks like crap to me. I bet you could take your pinky finger, push on either end where it curls around the turn signals, and it would deflect at least an inch. Waste of money. It's an airbag compatible ARB for me.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I stand corrected on the image availability of the brush guard - my bad. Good work guys!

I looked up everything I could and what I found was that on the TRD site, the only exhaust setup that had any number associated with it was for the Camry and stated that it adds 5 rwhp - 5 horses at the rear wheels. Looks like I won't be paying the additional $500 bucks for 5 horses. That's SUPER lame.

Cool sound or not - it's not worth $500.

Plus, if I change my mind, I can get it later. Chances are we would rather have a snake style elevated exit type exhaust for fording rivers anyway. I will definitely have to look into this a bit more. Any guess as to the price of the rock rails or the roof rack?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys, the ARB sounds like a better way to go. They have some nice rigs on their website.

Back to the Rose Bowl-helluva game so far...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of the best games I've seen! Texas 41, USC 38

Go Big 12! Yeah, even my Jayhawks won a bowl this year :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
WAY TO GO TEXAS! Thanks for the scoring update.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

LIKE THIS?

·
Registered
92 Posts
roosterdoo

who makes that bar on your image? It looks cool...I'm just worried ARB won't have anything out for a long time.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Elwood said:
roosterdoo

who makes that bar on your image? It looks cool...I'm just worried ARB won't have anything out for a long time.
ARB has said that they should have something ready about a month or so after launch.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I don't understand the distinction. All of ARB's bumpers are bull bars.

They make:
Deluxe Bars
Sahara Bars
Commercial Bars
Nudge Bars

The one I called about was the one on the FJ at SEMA, which I think was a modded Deluxe Bar. I am planning on calling them later today, I'll let you know what I find out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts