Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those who were in attendance to this years summit, we were given the opportunity to see old friends, visit old and new places, and to meet new friends. This year I had the opportunity to meet a young man who a co-worker of mine had known for years, Bryan Stordahl. For those of you who don't know who he is, he was the young man with the red FJ that had the MetalTech Red Eye bumper on his truck. Bryan was at MetalTechs party this year and Saturday night, spoke soon before the raffle began. I cant pretend I knew Bryan because I didn't, however, I was lucky enough to meet him and his family while we were in Ouray this year and wanted to pass along that he has left this place and is no longer suffering. I also am not trying to dampen the mood of the forum, just to tell my "FJ Family" that we have lost another great member and to keep him and his family in your prayers this weekend. Bryan went to Texas A&M and was a die hard Aggie football fan (as most are) so this weekend please take a small moment to think of Bryan and his Family as you hear of "Johnny Football" as the Texas Aggies play the SMU Mustangs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. I dealt with Bryan only a little, but he was a. Honest, genuine guy. Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
:( So sorry to hear this. We communicated a bit about wheeling in Moab before the Summit but, sadly, he was unable to make it. I was, however, pleased that he could make it to the Summit and be a part of the event (thanks for making that happen Metal Tech) and he pulled some raffle tickets for a while as well. Bryan has been battling cancer for a long time and I for one cannot imagine the pain and strength required to keep pulling through it. Thanks for passing this information along to the FJ family. Thoughts and prayers going out for Bryan and his family. RIP Bryan.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear of his passing! Like a lot of others I was able to me him in person this past Summit instead of "on the forum". He was very grateful for all who had helped him with his rig, I know he was a big fan of Eli and Camel 4X4 for his support. Sadly another good guy taken way too soon! R.I.P. my friend!

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Bryan was a great guy . We had a brief conversation at the Summit... He always left quite the impression. Thoughts and prayers to his family. We will be missed by the FJ Community

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with Bryan's family during this difficult times.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; But the love and memories of the departed leaves a memory no one can steal.

Let the happy memories wash over the sadness.

May God's grace and strength be with his family and friends.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
16,363 Posts
Sorry to hear of his passing.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Bryan and I were good friends. He drove up to me at least 4 times so I could install all of the awesome stuff in his rig. I hate to see him go but I'm glad he's in a better place.

RIP man!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Alex and I were talking about all the good things MetalTech had done for Bryan when he mentioned that he read that he had passed away. I was hoping that it was some kind of mistake and am very sad to learn that it wasn't. :(

I had the privilege of speaking to Bryan a number of times on the phone when he was planning his Rubithon, Moab, and Summit trips earlier this year. He was one of the most positive and upbeat people I had ever talked to and his attitude was truly inspirational. He wasn't letting cancer keep him down and lived his life to the fullest until the end.

Through Bryan, I saw just what an amazing family we have here in the FJC community. I hope he's in a better place now...preferably one with very few paved roads. R.I.P. Bryan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts