Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This Group Buy is sponsored by BudBuilt

I have made a deal with Bud Built to get a discount on a full set (5 piece) of skids that regularly sell for $800.00
4 sets- $750.00
8 sets-$700.00
Part of the deal is that I will be picking them up at his shop and anyone involved with this buy will work out the details of picking them up with me. Either here or at one of the meets etc. This also means you will save on the shipping costs as well which I would think run at least $50-$100, that’s a guess.

Group Buy ends May 8, 2008

PM me if interested
Stan
You must be able to arrange pickup somewhere in the NC,SC,TN, AL area

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
PM sent
:clap:

·
Registered
923 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do you happen to know the weight of that full 5 piece set? I checked the Bud Built web site and it wasn't obvious.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you happen to know the weight of that full 5 piece set? I checked the Bud Built web site and it wasn't obvious.
I do not know the weight of them but I believe it is mentioned somewhere in the Bud VS Rast thread

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
i believe the total weight is around 166 lbs...give or take a few. there is a breakdown of the weight for each piece in the skid comparison thread under the 4X4 section of the forum.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
friendly bump :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Here is the link to a post by Bud related to the weight of the skids...

Thanks TCao!
here are all of the weights in one spot for the search:

Budbuilt, front: 27 lbs
Budbuilt, mid: 41 lbs
Budbuilt, transfer case: 40 lbs
Budbuilt, crossmember: 10 lbs
Budbuilt, gas tank: 41 lbs

Total: 159 lbs

Knowing that the belly of your baby is well protected: Priceless! :)

As to the beefier skid, no word yet...

Thanks all!
Bud
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here is the link to a post by Bud related to the weight of the skids...

Hope this helps...
It does! Thanks Mtbcoach. I'm sure it's worth the weight gain, but...hate to say it...gas prices being what they are... :boohoo:

Maybe I'll just get one of the steel Bud plates to start with in addition to what you guys call the "bling plates" on my TT. I'll have to finally crawl under my FJ to see what got scratched up the most thus far and start from there.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I does! Thanks Mtbcoach. I'm sure it's worth the weight gain, but...hate to say it...gas prices being what they are... :boohoo:

Maybe I'll just get one of the steel Bud plates to start with in addition to what you guys call the "bling plates" on my TT. I'll have to finally crawl under my FJ to see what got scratched up the most thus far and start from there.
Just remember that adding a set of Bud's is just like adding another passenger or less, depending on the "type" of girls you like to date. It really won't create a big hit in gas mileage, the FJ motor can handle that little change in overall weight change.

Now, adding rotational weight (tires/wheels/etc) WILL cause a hit on gas mileage.

But, the fact is that if you really know how to wheel, you won't even need skids. That's why I have Bud's because I have no idea what I'm doing...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just got the 4 piece set on and I lost maybe MAYBE 1/2 mpg. The light was usually going off around 290 now I'm around 280 per tank. I think driving habits affect mpg more than these skidplates. Tires is a horse of a diff color, lost about 2mpg to them :(

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
and another bump.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
and again...pretty soon i'll have bumped my way into the SMC crew...lol

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and again...pretty soon i'll have bumped my way into the SMC crew...lol
All you have to do is come play with us and then join :)
3 confirmed so far on the skids.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bump again. This is a great deal!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts