Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there forumites! I have a question on the Bud Built front skids: does anyone know the difference between the Toyota FJC 6RC Front and the FJC Front 07-09? I get the difference with the Front Lite being 10 lbs lighter and a bit less wider.

Looking to put a front skid on as my FJ did not come equipped with one. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Maybe other options?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ricochet !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Bud offers various thickness & design steel skids as well as aluminum for the FJC.

Bud's the one stop shop when it comes to skids imo. He's upfront about the advantages/disadvantages of each with respect to your driving style. He'll even recommend another mfg if he feels his Steel or Al skids aren't for you. BudBuilts are the brand of choice when it comes to Toyotas :cheers: (no other mfg. has a product line as extensive as his).

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Bud offers various thickness & design steel skids as well as aluminum for the FJC.

Bud's the one stop shop when it comes to skids imo. He's upfront about the advantages/disadvantages of each with respect to your driving style. He'll even recommend another mfg if he feels his Steel or Al skids aren't for you. BudBuilts are the brand of choice when it comes to Toyotas :cheers: (no other mfg. has a product line as extensive as his).
SO Im just clearifing,, Your saying, that you really Like and recommend BudBuilts? :lol:
DOnt get mad.. Just messing. I have heard nothing but great things myself, I called them awhile back about
if they fit the Procomp 6"lift kits.They didnt have a skid for the front @time of the call.but they were willing to make what ever I requested to fit my needs.
ANd your right they gave me a list of names to have custom skids made if I didnt want his product... That is why I will by from Buds once I save up enough cash.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just recently purchased a set of the BudBuilt skids and rock rails, and would recommend them to anyone. During installation I had a question about the cross member bolts, called Bud up and he talked me thru it step by step. He is willing to customize items if you want something that he doesn't make regularly, and is also a dealer for items such as lift kits,etc. Great customer service, great product, great guy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts