Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing some lower control arms for my 2011, moog no longer makes the late model arms, or they are incorrectly catalogued. Can't seem to get anyone at moog to confirm.

Can anyone recommend a brand they were happy with recently, and they got it right the first order?(mainly late models, plenty out there for 07-09)

Is there any way of telling if the part is correct before tearing things down? I've read horror stories of people getting the wrong generation part and stuck waiting for another with the vehicle on stands.

Is this something I shouldn't skimp on, due to alignment issues or poor quality bushings?

Any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Moog told me in an email they don't make them.

Super pro suspension out of Australia is what I went with until I decide how far I'm going with my build

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
If it is your bushings that are gone, have a look at replacing them. It is not difficult....slight pucker factor for the first time. Bench vise, bottle jack and bottle torch is all you need.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Reactions: gmat

·
Registered
623 Posts
Rock Auto has them now.

Reactions: gmat

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im in need of some as well. Moog has two different types of front lower control arms on their site for the 2010+ 4runner but nothing for the FJ.
Toyota parts department I use has 2010-2014 FJ LCA's and 2010-2020 4runners having the same part number. What am I missing here? Shouldnt these be compatible?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys, I saw oem for around 260.00 each, still need to pull the trigger on a purchase. Not knocking "centric" brand but I definitely didn't feel like taking a gamble on fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in need of some as well. Moog has two different types of front lower control arms on their site for the 2010+ 4runner but nothing for the FJ.
Toyota parts department I use has 2010-2014 FJ LCA's and 2010-2020 4runners having the same part number. What am I missing here? Shouldnt these be compatible?
Yeah, I noticed they no longer stocked them, but had the 4runner part.
Did I read correctly that they're rebadging movetech arms as moog? Moog has a greaseable ball joint, correct?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts