Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all & Happy New Year! Please pass on your views and thoughts regarding the rock/bug deflector vs 3M protection film.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
3M all the way, you cover more area and it works very well. It may cost more but worth every penny.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Toyota bug shield on mine, I like the look I wanted the film but was quoted prices approaching 4-600.00 to have the front end done professionally. The shield is good but im not sure how much it helps. No chips in windshield yet and it obviously protects the front edge. I have since found that Husky (as in Husky liner) sells a film that looks like it would work and the price is gtg. Groits Garage sells rolls of it too in various sizes. If I had found the Husky stuff before the shield id have tried it.

Only complaint about the shield is it packs with snow and ice. And I wish it came in clear so I could have had the body color (fresco) painted on the backside to help it blend in Ive gotten used to the look and actually like it now.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The dealership charged me a little under $300 for the clear bra. That was for 24" plus the A pillars (pillars need it more than anything from my past experience). What I like about it is that you really can't even tell it is there unless you are right up on it. They will install most anywhere on the vehicle that you ask them to. Another popular spot is the side mirrors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts