Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive in South GA at night a good bit and aquire too many bugs for my liking. They are a pain in the butt to get off the truck. Even after a good wash they are still stuck. :cowfrown: Rain-x works great for getting them off the windshield but please tell me someone has a simple way to get rid of the splatter spots all over the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Bugs :cowfrown:

I have the same problem here in Mobile AL. I've thought about getting that 3M clear film to put on the front. Only thing holding me back is, I've been told the film will turn yellow and that is very difficult to get off to replace.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts

Some have tried better washer fluid, rainx, and better wiper blades. However, with the angle of the windshield, there is not a whole lot you can do about it.

Wear the bug guts like a badge of honor. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
368 Posts

Non-stick cooking spray.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts

2 words....LOVE BUGS! Drive through FLorida some time.....:flame:
But That stuff really does work well...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

I keep a spray can of window cleaner and paper towels in the back of my FJ.

At least the windshield gets clean :)

Doc

·
Registered
368 Posts

I have family near Tampa. Trust me I know all too well about those stupid things!
Yes Yes, My parents live just north of Tampa and when I drive down to visit, it's like hitting M&Ms. A good thing to clean the windshield is one of those nylon wrapped sponges you use for cleaning non-stick cookware. Just make sure to rinse it once and a while or it'll smell like bait.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

I use that citrus cleaner stuff and have little circular scrubbing pads that are made of plastic and don't scratch the paint. Of course, my FJ is so covered with pinstripes that I could just use sandpaper to clean the bugs off.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

I agree with Mad_Mechanix. Lovebugs are the worst. I have to fill up about every week or week and a half, and during the love bug season, I absolutely have to clean the windshield or else it will get too difficult to see out of it.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts

Non-stick cooking spray.
x2

Used to spray down my motorcycle leathers before long rides, made cleaning off the bug guts a snap.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

Damned Love bugs are out in full force :flame: My FJ is so tall I can't reach any of my windshield with out a mini step stool. I bought one of those windshield scrubbers that has the squeegee on the backside of the pad like most gas stations use. I can reach everything with this...and I found this glass cleaner at Big Lots (Bissel) spray onto the bug spots anywhere and use a micro fiber towel to wipe off. I also go thru widshield wiper blades twice a year. Windshield wash lasts me about a week and I use the bug remover formula.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19

Mine is stock and I have to stand on the tire to reach the middle of the windshield and hood.

·
Registered
27 Posts

i use dryer softner sheets it removes them very easy. Just just wet the area that i am cleaning and the sheet gets soapy and the bugs come right off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts