Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously posted a may need help thread in the suspension forum for my OME install. Anyway, the build day is now Friday, 23 May. Myself and a couple of my buddies are going to be installing my Toytec/OME lift kit. If anybody in the area is interested in stopping by to maybe give a few pointers or just drink a couple of beers, eat some pizza and BS about FJ's or whatever your more than welcome! We'll be starting around noon and stopping when we're done. If your interested, PM me for directions. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
135 Posts
is it in Jax or in St. Augustine? I might come by if im bored

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm a working stiff and can't make it on a Friday or I'd drop by. Have fun though!

My #1 suggestion is to get a set of top plates and have the struts assembled before you start dis-assembling the truck. Then, in case you run into any issues, you don't end up with a disabled vehicle.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My #2 suggestion - when you have your struts assembled or put them together yourself, pay very close attention to the alignment of the bottom of the new shock vs. the top plate mounting bolts. Just a little bit off and it will be next to impossible to get the new assembly into the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Listen to the Coyote and learn from our funk-ups and his immaculate OME lift record...

That simple alignment is key to making them slide right in. White-out works great for marking it beforehand.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jacksonville, Argyle Forest Area. Pm me for directions. :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.