Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some really nice builds posted. I am going to do something a little different. I am going to post my plans for our build, at least a short list (like my finances). I welcome any advice on the list if you have experience or recomendations. The build will be done over a few years with most practical mods being done first.
This is a daily driver and will see moderate off road use only, nothing extreme.

So far I have replaced what Toyota thinks are dome lights with LEDs from Oznium- Outstanding company, floor mats ( I am not sure where they came from or where my wife sent my $200 to) and a good clay wax treatment, Meguires.
Next week Armorolgy will be installing a 3" Toytec Ultimate lift with Light Racing UCA.
After the lift a new set of Goodyear Duratrak 285/75/17 will replace the original factory tread.
Then we will probably attack the stereo. It still has the stock unit. So an amp and subwoofer and new head unit will be in order.

Now that my wife is safe, happy and comfortable I will work on performance.
Get some cold air into the engine via a good CAI. Not sure which one, I have AFE on my Frontier and it works well.
Dual battery set up.
Probably do the body mount chop. I am already looking at this as I do have a saws all with a metal blade.....just kidding.
Winch (using the stock bumper, I like the clean look)
Change over to a good synthetic oil (this will happen soon). Probably Royal Purple, I use that in my Frontier.
Some additional lights, on the bumper and roof. For those rare times we take the FJ and not my truck off road. (remember this is my wifes FJ and she forgets that it can be washed)
A CB radio. My handle has been Desert Fox since 1972.
Rear storage in cargo area. This will happen soon as it is fairly inexpensive and easy to build. Oh and usable too.

That is the plan for now.
I am open to ideas and suggestions.

We dont have any pictures yet but I will get one before we get the lift installed and post it.

I did not see a section in the forum for posting second job opportunities. I think I need one:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Sounds like you're going to have a nice build there, look forward to see some pics in the near future.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amorology has posession of our FJ. It is sitting next to Mountain Mikes. Tomorrow it will grow ~3" taller. Friday we are putting on a new set of 285/70/17 and it will get another inch taller.
I have a before picture and will post after I get the lift and tire install pictures.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Sounds like you have a plan all mapped out! You have basically installed the two most worthy componets in my opinion...Lift and better tires...Everything you mentioned afterwards you should be able to do on your own,with the guiding advice from our forum members. You should always keep up on the Items for sale and Flea bay and scankslist...
If your patient and have money loaded in a pay pal account...you can jump at bargains.
If your not to mechanically inclined or lack of tools. Collect a bunch of parts and sponsor a build day. People always like to get together and trade off labor for help. You lend a hand and you get help in return. If you lived near me...a case of cold bruskies and some grilled dawgs might get a mount chop, scuba mod, Snorkal install and this could be done within the day. Good luck on your Build...and yes, post pictures!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Toytec 3" Ultimate lift and Light Racing UCA are installed and we have a new set of Revo 2 tires (285x70x17). For a grocery getter it looks pretty good I think.:clap::clap::clap:

First picture is how we bought it.
Next is after the lift is installed.
Then the final lift and tires.

The date on my camera is not accurate so please disregarde it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
The Toytec 3" Ultimate lift and Light Racing UCA are installed and we have a new set of Revo 2 tires (285x70x17). For a grocery getter it looks pretty good I think.:clap::clap::clap:

First picture is how we bought it.
Next is after the lift is installed.
Then the final lift and tires.

The date on my camera is not accurate so please disregarde it.
Looks good. The new tires will really set it off.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Looks good! Good luck with the build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts