Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bulldog winch group buy!!!!!!!!

Bulldog Winch Group Buy

Starts 12-20-2010 & Ends 01-31-2011

**FREE SHIPPING

Minimum 10 Winch Buyers Needed To Fulfill This Group Buy!

OFFERED ARE:

A) Bulldog Winch #10002 9500lb Winch with 5.5hp Series Wound Motor, Roller Fairlead Premium 5.5 hp Series Wound Motor Heavy-Duty Shifter
Ergonomic Hand Control with 12ft Lead 100ft wire rope Roller fairlead Powers load in/out Auto load holding brake Freespooling clutch (3-Stage Planetary Gears with 235:1 gear ratio - 10" x 4.5" mounting pattern - 21 x6.3 x 8.6" overall dimensions - 2 Year Limited Warranty) $429.99

B) Bulldog Winch #10015 9500lb Winch w/5.5hp Series Wound, 100ft Synthetic Rope, Aluminum Frld Premium 5.5hp Series Wound Motor - Heavy-Duty Shifter - Ergonomic Hand Control - 100ft Synthetic Rope - CNC Machined Aluminum Hawse Fairlead - Powers Load IN/OUT - Auto Load Holding Brake - Freespooling Clutch - Limited 2 Year Warranty $599.99

C) * 2" Hitch Receiver Mounting Bracket #20011 2" x 2" Hitch Receiver Winch Mount Provides portable and flexible mounting solution. Fits any standard 2 x 2” receiver. Used for 8,000 to 12,000lb winches with standard 10 x 4.5” bolt pattern. Includes receiver securing pin. 99.99

D) *7pc Truck Rigging Kit $99.99

Contains:
Qty Product

1 3”x10’ Tree Saver Strap
1 Snatch Block
1 ¾” Bow Shackle
1 5/16” x10’ G70 Chain
1 Pair of Trail Gloves
1 Rock Bag Wire Rope Dampener
1 Heavy Duty Storage Bag

*NOTE: ITEMS "C" & "D" CAN NOT BE PURCHASED WITHOUT THE PURCHASE OF EITHER "A" or "B" WINCH IN THIS GROUP BUY

**FREE SHIPPING ONLY TO THE LOWER 48 US STATES. CALL OR WRITE FOR A QUOTE IF SHIPPED OUTSIDE THE USA.

TO ORDER:
SEND US AN E-MAIL ([email protected]) WITH:

1) Full Name
2) Ship to address
3) Contact phone number
4) Year FJ
6) OPTION(s) WANTED "A", "B", "C", "D", "E"

POST THE WORDS IN A NEW THREAD "I AM IN!"

Call us to use your Visa/Master Card or send your payment via Paypal to: [email protected] (all lower case)

*FREE SHIPPING ONLY TO THE LOWER 48 USA STATES. WE WILL SHIP OUTSIDE THE USA. WRITE US FOR A PRICE QUOTE.

POST IN THE THREAD THE WORDS "I'm in". We will maintain a count of members taking advantage of the Group Buy. After we have 10 committed members we will notify everyone to make payment. After we have the first ten fully paid orders the offer is open to all forum members until midnight 01/31/2011.

NOTE: ALL ORDERS WILL SHIP WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS WHEN ALL TEN COMMITTED ORDERS ARE PAID. DUE TO THE HOLIDAYS SHIPPING MAY TAKE LONGER.

It is your responsibility to check the condition of each item BEFORE you accept it from the shipping company. If there is damage do not accept the order CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY and note the damage it with the shipper! We will handle getting you a replacement ASAP! Replacement parts are always available should there be an issue when delivered, call us for help if needed (918) 851-3053.

·
Titanium Pearl
890 Posts
a few questions...

How water resistant are these winches? Can they be fully submerged?

Is there a way to move the input or power box (the thing the controller plugs into) from the top of the winch? Or do they offer longer cables if I want to install it under the hood or in another location?

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
I will request that information for you today.

a few questions...

Is there a way to move the input or power box (the thing the controller plugs into) from the top of the winch? Or do they offer longer cables if I want to install it under the hood or in another location?

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
a few questions...

I have the 9500 for about 2 years and it has been at least partially submerged, it still works great. For relocating the box, it can be done, but depending on where you want to relocate it, you may need longer cables. I recently did mine to fit behind the AFE CAI on a mount I made. I also have the wireless remote control , which I absolutely love . I highly recommend it
thanks
Do

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Conversejohn54,

The owner of Bulldog was very fast in responding to your questions:

Re: Water Resistant
Fully Submerged? Yes, our truck winches can be fully submerged. However, there’s a few details that need to be explained:
We strongly believe every motor will take on water/moisture whether its fully submerged or not. Series wound motors create heat and as the motor cools down it can create moisture inside the motor.
Therefore, by design, we :
1) Provide a drain or way for the water to escape from the motor
2) Provide superior corrosion resistant materials on the motor internals. All the major steel components are plated in a finish called Dacromet. Dacromet is a corrosion resistant plating that was created for salt sea environments but the most important aspect is Dacromet has a high heat melting point which is important for motor internals.
If the motor is fully submerged it will continue to operate for a short period of time. As it takes on water it will cease to operate.
If the motor is submerged we recommend the following service as soon as possible afterward:
1) Disconnect power
2) Remove ground bolt from bottom of motor and allow water to drain out
3) Replace ground bolt and reconnect power
4) Run the motor

Re: Remote Mount the Power Unit
Yes, all of our power units are capable of being remote mounted. We have created the following accessory kits to make remote mounting the power unit easier:
20044 Power Unit Remote Mount Kit: Includes 3 x 7.5ft wires for the 3 wires connected between the contactor and the motor and a mounting plate to mount the power unit
20135 3ft Plug Extension: Extends the hand control plug up to 3ft from the power unit. Disconnect in middle of wire allows the installer to drill the mounting hole for the external plug and feed the wire back through this mounting hole.

a few questions...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
...and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Thanx for answering all my questions and helping me with my order.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
This is really a good winch and the company backs what they sell.
I probably have used my winch on a dozen occasions with major use in Ouray. I was surprised to see that this didn't get jumped on.
Good luck with the group buy
thanks
Don

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm in for an (A), I need/want a winch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will synthetic winch "b" fit in a Demello front bumper?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Will synthetic winch "b" fit in a Demello front bumper?
It will fit if the solenoid box can be relocated. I'm not sure if it can or not. It's hard to tell from the pictures. I looked on Bulldog's website and it didn't help either. If the solenoid box can be removed you're going to need to make sure the leads are long enough to put the box either on the gear side of the winch or in the engine bay area. If you need pictures of what I'm talking about, let me know.

I'm sure they'll get back to you on your question ASAP!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I really would like to get in on this but I have to be sure I have the money first. So I can offer a free bump :bigthumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
that is an awesome price, especailly for rope. I am checking the bolt pattern on my road armor bumper in the morning. Do you know if it will fit?

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will get a answer to this....

It will fit if the solenoid box can be relocated. I'm not sure if it can or not. It's hard to tell from the pictures. I looked on Bulldog's website and it didn't help either. If the solenoid box can be removed you're going to need to make sure the leads are long enough to put the box either on the gear side of the winch or in the engine bay area. If you need pictures of what I'm talking about, let me know.

I'm sure they'll get back to you on your question ASAP!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts