Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Does anyone have any bumper, cas can holders, or any thing built from steel blueprints or a link to any websites where I can get some?
Good Luck with that. Companies that create prints more than likely wont share. Individuals that fab their own more than likely dont make prints.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Good Luck with that. Companies that create prints more than likely wont share. Individuals that fab their own more than likely dont make prints.
x2, good luck. Your only chance is to find someone that has the thing you want to copy and go take some measurements. No company is going to give out their design that they have spent money on. At least not a smart one.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
x2, good luck. Your only chance is to find someone that has the thing you want to copy and go take some measurements. No company is going to give out their design that they have spent money on. At least not a smart one.
I agree. Companies manufacturing bumpers and can holders for sale are certainly not going to give you drawings, that would be foolish. Anyone building their own most likely take base measurements and that is about it. You'll just have to figure it out for yourself like the rest of us.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
If your smart enough to read prints and weld something up then your smart enough to take the measurements and design it yourself.

Unless your just planning on taking the prints to a fab shop. If thats the case even if I had prints of something I made I would not share. Whats to keep that fab shop from manufacturing and selling something I designed?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
If your smart enough to read prints and weld something up then your smart enough to take the measurements and design it yourself.

Unless your just planning on taking the prints to a fab shop. If thats the case even if I had prints of something I made I would not share. Whats to keep that fab shop from manufacturing and selling something I designed?
Exactly, I had a member ask for drawings for my fuse block plate and 2" front receiver, both wanting to build them for resale to forum members for "a nominal charge"

BTW I have 2" front receivers to sell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts