Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these kits on ebay that show fog lights that replace the end pieces of the front bumper. I have only seen one FJ that had them, all the rest have some special heavy bumper guard with lights mounted on that. The listing says they are just like the OEM ones. Anybody used these? I need the extra lights as I drive some backroads in the mountains where I have a cabin and the stock lights don't help that much. If anyone has got them, how hard were they to install? Are they helpful and provide additional light that is useful?
Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool looking, thanks. local dealer says they were not a big seller, so they don't have any. Forgot to ask for price. He did not seem to be interested in looking for any for me.
Michael

·
Registered
534 Posts
FYI, Amazon carries them too. Definitely write back and tell us how it went if you decide to do it. I’ve been toying with the idea but have not wanted to be the guinea pig on this one 😬😬😬

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
FYI, Amazon carries them too. Definitely write back and tell us how it went if you decide to do it. I’ve been toying with the idea but have not wanted to be the guinea pig on this one 😬😬😬
With all the cool mods you have, why don’t you get the OEM Toyota ones like me, instead of eBay/amazon cheap knockoffs?

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Who and what bumper lights are those?! They look perfect for a stock look but with extra fog lights at the actual right height to be fog lights!! Your rig looks sick BTW!
Thank you

they are OEM wing lights from Toyota, available on FJ in Japan/Middle East/Africa/Asia. Toyota sells them in silver or black. I bought mine from Tokyo toyota dealer. They were cheaper than Saudi Toyota dealer

if you search my name, you will find thread on install/wire - which were all done with oemtoyota plug and play harness

:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
With all the cool mods you have, why don’t you get the OEM Toyota ones like me, instead of eBay/amazon cheap knockoffs?
I appreciate that ;-)

I thought you had to go to Japan to get yours. Unfortunately, I don’t have that option 😭

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I appreciate that ;-)

I thought you had to go to Japan to get yours. Unfortunately, I don’t have that option 😭
I got mine in person, due to my travels. You can get it sitting in the warm comfort of your Seattle chair, just the same way people get JDM heated mirrors for their FJ. There are companies, that buy it for you, for a price, and deliver to your doorstep :cool:

I just think Super Dan From Seattle, needs the real thing :love:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey thanks for the info.
I found these which look to be the same? I think?

Were your black ones bumper black plastic, or do I need to paint these if I wanted them to match the bumper?
Thanks again. Going to order this week I think.

Thank you

they are OEM wing lights from Toyota, available on FJ in Japan/Middle East/Africa/Asia. Toyota sells them in silver or black. I bought mine from Tokyo toyota dealer. They were cheaper than Saudi Toyota dealer

if you search my name, you will find thread on install/wire - which were all done with oemtoyota plug and play harness

:)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hey thanks for the info.
I found these which look to be the same? I think?

Were your black ones bumper black plastic, or do I need to paint these if I wanted them to match the bumper?
Thanks again. Going to order this week I think.
the link you provided are chinese copies. Not OEM

the Toyota oem ones can be purchased silver or black. My car is a trail team - thus I got the black ones from Toyota, which are a perfect match.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Oh gotcha.
These were the only I could locate.
Would you have a link to an OEM source that you purchased from?
Yes the OEM ones you have look to be a perfect match to the bumper black and goes well with the other blacked out items on the TT.

the link you provided are chinese copies. Not OEM

the Toyota oem ones can be purchased silver or black. My car is a trail team - thus I got the black ones from Toyota, which are a perfect match.

·
Registered
47 Posts
$400 o_O

Not sure how much light these put out... but for that kind of $, I'd be looking for a set of Baja Design and actually light-up the runway!

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yeah, $400 hit me hard too. It's a lot.
Baja mode a version of this that can go in the lower grill area too, right?
I would be curious about that for 'fog' and wider beam pattern.
These looks pretty good on the Red!!!

$400 o_O

Not sure how much light these put out... but for that kind of $, I'd be looking for a set of Baja Design and actually light-up the runway!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts