Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to sure if this is proper place to ask. But I’ve seen a bunch of people mention a bracket for lights on top of the stock front bumper. Anyone have a link for it I haven’t been able to find anything on google.

tia

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
G'Day,
Many years ago, Toyota offered bumper driving lights.. as an option.
With the kit, came a support bracket that fitted under the OE bumper.
The lights and kit were discontinued about 2011/2012 ..there abouts... because the lights were deemed too bright and a "safety issue".... so Yoda withdrew them from sale.
Its very unlikely you will find the bracket ..or the lights.... your best chance is here in the for sale section ...but i have not seen any for sale for a long time...
Deep in the bowels of the forum, there are references to the lights and bracket... and maybe an odd picture...that you could use as reference to make your own, from memory its a flat bit of steel plate...
Good luck,
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'Day,
Many years ago, Toyota offered bumper driving lights.. as an option.
With the kit, came a support bracket that fitted under the OE bumper.
The lights and kit were discontinued about 2011/2012 ..there abouts... because the lights were deemed too bright and a "safety issue".... so Yoda withdrew them from sale.
Its very unlikely you will find the bracket ..or the lights.... your best chance is here in the for sale section ...but i have not seen any for sale for a long time...
Deep in the bowels of the forum, there are references to the lights and bracket... and maybe an odd picture...that you could use as reference to make your own, from memory its a flat bit of steel plate...
Good luck,
Cheers
Baz
awesome thanks for the info I’m dig around. Maybe fab something up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's what they look like just in case.. These came with my previous (2010) FJ.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Toyota recalled the driving lights because they had 55w bulbs instead of 35w bulbs and quit selling them after that. The bracket bar is still available, but it is like $95 dollars. It's a steel bar that goes under the bumper cover that the brackets above bolts too. The kits contains the bracket bar, bolts, template and brackets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts