Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking to mount my CB antennae to my bull bar, and suggestions on types. Everyone over here seems to like it rear mounted.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
832 Posts
Its popular all around the world that way. ARB bull bars have the tab welded in place.

on my phone because I'm screwing off

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
G'day Chris,
There are really only 4 spots to mount a CB / UHF antenna, bullbar, roof, rear door - Bandi mount style, or 1/4 panel near the windshield.
I put my UHF antenna in the last spot, as per the photo.

[/URL][/IMG]

Made by NestahEdition.

Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have one in the roof, one on the right side of the rear door, a bandi, and one on the swing out.

What kind of ham antenna, what band? ^^^

on my phone because I'm screwing off

·
Registered
150 Posts
A dual band? I dont know man, I'm waiting for someone to hold my hand and tell me exactly what to buy and how to install it. I might have passed the damn exam but I still have no clue what I am doing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
A dual band? I dont know man, I'm waiting for someone to hold my hand and tell me exactly what to buy and how to install it. I might have passed the damn exam but I still have no clue what I am doing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Inklein, Mate when you do get your dual band & install it, I would love to see the photo's.

We should take delivery of our 2015 Model FJ this coming Saturday 11/7/15 & as I too am a Ham (VK2HSV) I am going to install my Icom IC-706MKIIG + AT-180 Tuner & either a Yaesu FT-7800 or a VGC VR6600Pro both Dual bands, Also a Icom IC-F6021 UHF Radio. Like you was wanting idea's as to where to install main parts of radio's, especially the IC-F6021 as it does not remote head. The heads for the IC-706MKIIG & the VGC-VR6600Pro or FT-7800 I have worked out as I have ordered a Lido Mount Code: LM-300-706-22 for the IC-706MKIIG Head & a LM-500-AMP for the FT-7800R Head, the VR6600Pro comes with it's own remote head mounting option.

The radio bodies however are confusing me as to where to install them, so they are out of the way & free from being damaged etc, when going off road. Any ideas from the group would be really helpful. The Antenna's will not be an issue as we are getting a Bull Bar installed, so will mount antenna's on Bull bar.

Anyway that's enough babble out of me.

Cheers n best 73's

Mal - VK2HSV

·
Registered
832 Posts
Inklein, Mate when you do get your dual band & install it, I would love to see the photo's.

We should take delivery of our 2015 Model FJ this coming Saturday 11/7/15 & as I too am a Ham (VK2HSV) I am going to install my Icom IC-706MKIIG + AT-180 Tuner & either a Yaesu FT-7800 or a VGC VR6600Pro both Dual bands, Also a Icom IC-F6021 UHF Radio. Like you was wanting idea's as to where to install main parts of radio's, especially the IC-F6021 as it does not remote head. The heads for the IC-706MKIIG & the VGC-VR6600Pro or FT-7800 I have worked out as I have ordered a Lido Mount Code: LM-300-706-22 for the IC-706MKIIG Head & a LM-500-AMP for the FT-7800R Head, the VR6600Pro comes with it's own remote head mounting option.

The radio bodies however are confusing me as to where to install them, so they are out of the way & free from being damaged etc, when going off road. Any ideas from the group would be really helpful. The Antenna's will not be an issue as we are getting a Bull Bar installed, so will mount antenna's on Bull bar.

Anyway that's enough babble out of me.

Cheers n best 73's

Mal - VK2HSV
Like to see it when you get finished.
I have all of my radio bodies in the left rear corner. I don't have any pictures in this phone to show you (they're in my old one), but I'll post some soon. 73
de KG6ZDL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts