Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem:

I wanted to add lights to a basic stock looking bumper (I have the lucrum mount and warn winch). With no roof rack, no light bars, no real place to mount them besides large round lights drilled into the top of the bumper.

Here is my idea and my mock up.

1) my rig front without the lights (I really like this look)

2) Lights, custom cut grill (That needs to be quickly removable to access the winch controls.

3) front with the lights, no grill

I'm looking for some feedback. I'm leaning toward option 3 but I'm wondering if I'm doing this just to have somethign to do or do I really like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Is it still possible to mount a Brush guard and then mount the lights to that? I have a full guard and their was pre drilled holes for this. I was wondering if the Lucrum used these same mounting points and if I can have both since I plan on the Lucrum mount also.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy the lucrum mount with a light bar, its a nice option but I'm trying to get away from that.

I am trying to get all the off road equipment I need but still be able to drive my wife to a nice downtown dinner and not look like a hillbilly. The FJ is more for our weekend outings outside of town but I will have all the equipment necessary to get them back.

I live in Cali- and have been to Fugison lake, senators wash in Arizona a dozen times and we always leave after work on friday and set up camp about 10 p.m. so lights are important to see the trail ahead of me, not to be going 100 mph and need the road lit up ahead of me :)

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Is it still possible to mount a Brush guard and then mount the lights to that? I have a full guard and their was pre drilled holes for this. I was wondering if the Lucrum used these same mounting points and if I can have both since I plan on the Lucrum mount also.
The Lucrum winch mount will use the chassis extender mount where the bumper protector (will be discarded) is attached. Most aftermarket brush guards use the same chassis extender as their (lower frame) mount points.

Off-Road ready:

Good looking enough for the malls::):):)

Other option for bumper mounted lights, SAS fog light kit with Hella Micro DE lights.

But you can still mount the brush guard to the Lucrum winch mount (without the welded D-Rings) using L-brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts