·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
2nd that ^^^… I knocked one of mine off and looking at my options (other than a new after market bumper).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
looks great, Map06TRD ... how much time did the install take ...
:cheers:

07 FJ Cruiser – Voodoo Blue - C Pckge – AT
Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift / Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T
ECGS 3rd/front diff 4.56 gears / ARB Front Locker / ARB mini compressor
Clazzio Seat Covers / Industrial Forming Roll Top Console Cover

Install Pending – DeMello Hybrid Sliders / Scuba Mod

·
Registered
366 Posts
maybe 10min to drill the holes and bolt them in..

But took 20min on each side to remove the bumper wings.

I like this cause if you get bored with them or selling the truck. The wings go right back on hiding the holes.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
maybe 10min to drill the holes and bolt them in..

But took 20min on each side to remove the bumper wings.

I like this cause if you get bored with them or selling the truck. The wings go right back on hiding the holes.

wow, about an hour ...to each their own, of course, but the wings are a PITA ...
:cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I knocked off one of the stock plastic bumper wings and came across these aluminum diamond plate covers from Rich. I ordered a flat black set for my 2010 Trail Teams FJ Cruiser. I stayed with the flat black since all of the trim on my FJ is black. The wing eliminators look great, really improve the appearance, and eliminate an unnecessary piece of the vehicle from snagging onto rocks, stumps, etc. when you take it off-road. Installation was easy and only took about 30 minutes (we took our time, it was a nice day and my young sons were helping me out. I let them do most of the work whenever I maintenance or modify our vehicles so they'll learn). Highly recommend this modification, it improves the clearance of your FJ.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered them Thursday and put them on this evening after a day at the farm. 30 minutes worth of work including popping off my wings. Only thing I would consider is sending longer bolts... Had a little trouble getting the nut to grab on the inside 4 Bolts with the flat and lock washer on. Overall really happy. Cheap, light, attractive alternative to aftermarket bumpers and Rich was great..very prompt responses to emails and kept me updated on shipping etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I love these things. I removed a few bolts underneath to drop the plastic nub to get to the tabs. I used a screw driver to press in the tab and pull the tab down. I broke 2 tabs, the ones in the corner on each wing. But other than that no other casualties. Took be 45 mins but I was working in a tight garage due to the weather.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 79 Posts