Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine were shipped 2/9 and arrived 2/13 with all hardware required. Taking the old wings off was more of a hassle than installing the eliminators and I'm liking them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put mine on yesterday! I had a little fender bender and it ripped my bumper wing off. Thought it would be the perfect opportunity for a mod. Rich is the man. He got them off to me really quickly and customer service was great.

- Sam

Attachments

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Ordered mine back in August on a Saturday morning and I received shipment notification from Rich within 40 mins! Awesome service.
Just got around to installing them this weekend. I added some rubber edging and countersunk screws to try to give them a more 'finished' look. Had to grind down the diamond pattern around the edges to keep the edging from looking lumpy. Not sure the effort was worth the difference, but they still look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered these and am quite pleased thus far. I used to have the bumper wing eliminators that were put on with double sided tape (I forget the name or who made them), but the tape gave way and they fell out on the highway years ago. I was wondering what to do to cover up the unsightly holes until I stumbled upon these doing a google search.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recently got a set of these bumper wing eliminators on my TTUE and I love them! The were super easy to install, only took about 30 minutes or so. I think they go really well with the USOffroad bumper I have. After I placed my order, Rich had them shipped out to me right away and I had them within a couple of days.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I recently got a set of these bumper wing eliminators on my TTUE and I love them! The were super easy to install, only took about 30 minutes or so. I think they go really well with the USOffroad bumper I have. After I placed my order, Rich had them shipped out to me right away and I had them within a couple of days.
That looks really good with the US Offroad bumper.
I've got the same setup and have been considering this mod.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Put mine on today. Easy as pie.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
hmmm, not one single photo of the rear

on the internet if there's no pic it didn't happen!

Will somebody post a photo of how the rear looks?

thx,
N

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think this product is a great idea! In fact I recently took those ugly corners off myself. Hate to sound cheap and such but I heard somewhere that you can insert things into the holes and just LineX over them. Wouldn't that be cheaper option? But again I love this idea and I am still considering it. Any input?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think this product is a great idea! In fact I recently took those ugly corners off myself. Hate to sound cheap and such but I heard somewhere that you can insert things into the holes and just LineX over them. Wouldn't that be cheaper option? But again I love this idea and I am still considering it. Any input?
I thought about my own mod. But for $70 it was quick and looks great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
hmmm, not one single photo of the rear

on the internet if there's no pic it didn't happen!

Will somebody post a photo of how the rear looks?

thx,
N
Never seen the rear wing set up.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I wonder if there is any mpg improvement from the elimination of it from the slip stream?

Or, is the turbulence over the tire large enough that it stays the same?

N

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered these and the guy that makes them emailed me the next day with a tracking number. I was very impressed at how fast he got them out to me. I installed these and I have to say I am super pleased with the LOOK. I hated the goofy looking end caps or wings. For the price these are prefect and VERY easy to install! This is the 1st mod of many and this one was the cheapest and most important to me as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
For me it looks just OK, but more importantly, what that thing hanging down in the front middle of the vehicle? It looks like some kind of aluminum cover? What ever it is, it is severely reducing ground clearance and approach angle!

·
Registered
120 Posts
For me it looks just OK, but more importantly, what that thing hanging down in the front middle of the vehicle? It looks like some kind of aluminum cover? What ever it is, it is severely reducing ground clearance and approach angle!
The skid plate? It's quite important. It's protecting important pieces under your truck. If you want more clearance you need to install a lift.

(I hope you're joking and just making a license plate joke)

41 - 60 of 74 Posts