Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Will you please tell me where you got them, cost, and installation comments? I really like the look. I was thinking of putting some kind of a led formation behind it. Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Will you please tell me where you got them, cost, and installation comments? I really like the look. I was thinking of putting some kind of a led formation behind it. Thanks!
Then you may want to use larger spacers between the plates and the bumper to make a gap for the light to escape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered mine up last week from Rich. They came super quick and with all the hardware. Install was pretty easy, I kept the bumper on, and I really like the look. I hated the factory bumper pads in silver. If you do this mod I would suggest to just pull off the bumper. You'll end up saving yourself time overall. Also, I substituted in nylock nuts for the regular nuts so I didn't have to tighten the hardware all the way and suck in the diamond plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got lucky and a forum member sold me a set of these instead of the diamond plate insert. They cost me more( especially with shipping to Canada ), but I like the look better.

View attachment 919122

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk
Those look awsome! Does the member you bought them from mass produces them? If so could you share his forum name?

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Unfortunately no, he was selling his stock bumper and those were on it so we struck up a deal. I think they were produced a decade ago, but don't quote me on that.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Fat J,

can you take a close up picture of those? The posted ones are from a million miles away so it is hard to tell.

What are they made out of? Fiberglass? Molded resin?

thx,
Norm

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I think they are a molded resin of some type with 4 mounting bolts molded into the backside. I will get a pic or two for you as soon as I get a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those are nice, but I'm still a fan of the metal plates. Looks less plasticy and the FJ needs all the help it can get to not look like tupperware.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I think they look more stock than diamond plate..they will do until I buy a proper bumper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just purchased, and installed, a pair of diamond plate 'Bumper Wing Eliminators' from Rich Casella's website. Initially, I wasn't sure I wanted the diamond-plate and was going to go for the smooth, then changed my mind at the last moment. I'm glad I did. There's something 'heavy-duty' looking about them and I'm really liking them now that they are on the rig. The quality of Rich's workmanship was great. I opted to use some door-body trim/molding around the raw edge to give it a more finished look, and then backed the behind-gap with some fairly firm weather stripping. My trim work was a little sloppy, but overall I'm very happy with the look. Been wanting to do this for years. After recently installing a new winch, I decided to go head with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just purchased, and installed, a pair of diamond plate 'Bumper Wing Eliminators' from Rich Casella's website. Initially, I wasn't sure I wanted the diamond-plate and was going to go for the smooth, then changed my mind at the last moment. I'm glad I did. There's something 'heavy-duty' looking about them and I'm really liking them now that they are on the rig. The quality of Rich's workmanship was great. I opted to use some door-body trim/molding around the raw edge to give it a more finished look, and then backed the behind-gap with some fairly firm weather stripping. My trim work was a little sloppy, but overall I'm very happy with the look. Been wanting to do this for years. After recently installing a new winch, I decided to go head with it. View attachment 1120561 View attachment 1120562 View attachment 1120563 View attachment 1120564
How do you like that bumper set up? I like the look.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Just installed a pair of diamond plate eliminators using @FauxArmy method.

20200316_172041_LI.jpg 20200316_172002.jpg 20200316_172020.jpg

This was a match made in heaven for me, my 2010 came w/o the wings and I wasn't interested in spending a lot of money to replace them only to replace the bumper later. The eliminators clean up the unfinished look of the missing wings and look great!

Reactions: AJ FJCruiser

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just purchased, and installed, a pair of diamond plate 'Bumper Wing Eliminators' from Rich Casella's website. Initially, I wasn't sure I wanted the diamond-plate and was going to go for the smooth, then changed my mind at the last moment. I'm glad I did. There's something 'heavy-duty' looking about them and I'm really liking them now that they are on the rig. The quality of Rich's workmanship was great. I opted to use some door-body trim/molding around the raw edge to give it a more finished look, and then backed the behind-gap with some fairly firm weather stripping. My trim work was a little sloppy, but overall I'm very happy with the look. Been wanting to do this for years. After recently installing a new winch, I decided to go head with it. View attachment 1120561 View attachment 1120562 View attachment 1120563 View attachment 1120564
What winch mounting system did you use?

Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the diamond plate bumper wing replacements, I didn't time it but it took less than one hour. I was surprised how easy they were to install and taking off the bumper wings wasn't hard either especially when you watch a few of the youtubes and Rich's instructions. I didn't want to buy a big metal "cattle guard" bumper so this was the perfect solution to replace a really weak part of the overall FJ's design, plus they look good. Thanks Rich for selling the replacements! Houston

61 - 79 of 79 Posts