Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the paint color/number for the wings? I need a little touch up and was wondering how to obtain the correct paint. Best to find the source for it.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
There are plenty of wings readily available on the forum, I have two off a front bumper in my garage if you want them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gottagetone! Really generous offer. If I replace, I need the right rear wing and would hope a donor would come through with that one. Ouched into a badly parked pickup the other day and didn't dent, but did bruise the paint just a bit. Thought I might just repaint it or even paint it black to match the forward ARB.

Long range plan is to try and replace with a metal rear.

Thanks again,

M

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking over some other threads on this subject it seems that there really isn't any paint code for the wings and silver trim pieces on the bumpers. One guy posted a chart from an official Toyota manual that showed a code of "11CR07". Unfortunately I can't find any touch up paint that matches that code. Someone explained that that code relates to the manufacturing of the plastic parts and isn't useful in finding touch-up paint.

Someone else posted a paint code of 1C8. I don't know the source of his information. That code can be matched, brandsport.com and duplicolor.com have it, I may try myself. Maybe easier to go to the local car parts store and try matching colors by eyeball (cap color indicates contents, ha ha)

I think Toyota's position is that you have to replace the entire plastic part in question.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I think it's the same as the Titanium 1D4 though you will not get a good/perfect match if you don't apply the clear coat paint.

That's why touch up paint in a bottle are mostly off with the color/shade of the factory paint finish because they are just the base paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts