Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anything that can be applied to or stuck on to the bumpers or plastic interior? We have two dogs that "have" to go everywhere with us.

My thoughts are: stick on film (rough on one side/adhesive on the other) for the bumper and interior apply spray on bed liner.

Can either be done or has anyone done either???

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know your frustration, dog scratches are the worst. Mine has scratched pretty bad in the cargo area, all the interior plastic is easy to scratch in our trucks. About all I can think of is what you have already mentioned. Except for the bumper, if you spray the interior with bedliner, I would go ahead and spray the bumper too. For an alternative to bedliner, you could try Plast-I-Dip. I'm not too sure how it would hold up with constant abuse though.

·
Registered
444 Posts
same boat... thought about bed liner as i've done lots of exterior parts with it but maybe a smoother finish on the inside would be better...

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I took some anti-fatigue matting (is in large rolls at lowes) and got about a 3ftx4ft section.

I then laid it across the back seats (folded down) and cut it to the shape of the back seat area. This, in addition to the all weather cargo mat (with the anti-fatigue mat over lapping onto the rear cargo mat) works perfectly.

It gives my dog a more comfy spot to lay, a firm place to grip her paws in the turns and when offroading, keeps dirt and fur from going between the cracks in the seats, and prevents scratches to the back of the plastic seats.

This is better than keeping a bed in the back of the truck cause i still have all my cargo room and don't have to fuss with taking a bed in and out.

Total cost was about $7-8 bucks.

p.s. if your dogs tend to scratch up the sides of the cargo area as well from putting their paws up there, you could get wider sections and just have it overlap up on to the fender well.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can put spray on bedliner on plastic parts, mainly because there are a number of guys on here who have line-x'ed their exterior plastic parts. I've thought about doing this to the interior, but it is a "down the road" type thing. If I'm to do it, I'm going to gut the entire interior and do it to the floorboards and everything. From what I hear, if you go this route, I hear it will stink inside the car for a while. I personally don't really have any precautions. I'm all scratched up, dog haired up, and am content with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts