Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are in the know....

Do you think the trailer hitch is going to be standard? 5k max tow weight correct?

Are the headlights aerodynamics or standard round ones? ( I want to replace them with euro spec non DOTs)

Do you think 285/75/17s would fit?

Do 16" rims fit??

Any word on aftermarket companies having one ahead of time for measuring/fit up. I am at least going to add a winch/bumper, front ARB and some lighting....

I got in line for one here in Colorado and am just curious....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The tow hitch will probably not be standard. I think you are right on with the max tow weight.

ARB has stated they plan to have a bull bar ready to go by launch, I am going the same route so I hope it is ready to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've gotta question too.

For those lucky bastards who went to SEMA and Ojai, did the GPS compartment look like it would interfere with the driver's vision? The rumor I believe I read was that they would move the compartment over to the passenger's side, but wouldn't that be a visual distraction or too long of a reach? I know I know you are supposed to pull over to set your coordinates but I'm hoping Toyota might come up with a better solution for production time.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Does anyone have anymore pictures of the Black Cherry FJ? I still can't decide between the that one and the blue. The pictures from Ojai have shadows around it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A couple of questions,

Someone that was at the Ojai event mentioned that there was a huge space between the rear axle and the rear bumper. As the spare is on the gate and the tank is in front of the axel , can anyone comfirm storage space accessable under the rear inside deck?

Also, I keep hearing that the rear windows are fixed, does anyone think that by the time they get to production they'll be operational? did anyone see knockouts for buttons on the doors etc. ?

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
chtucker said:
Do you think 285/75/17s would fit?
Thats a 2.2" increase in height (31.6" to 33.8"), with .8" in width (10.4 to 11.2). being that its likely that it will fir a 33" without complaint (what should be seen on the rumored moab or off-road edition) its pretty likely that 285/75/r17 will fit. dont quote me on that though.... :D

chtucker said:
Do 16" rims fit??
Depends on what side the brake discs/calipers are, generally trucks that have big rims from the factory fill that extra space up with brake parts and such.

fjcanadian said:
Someone that was at the Ojai event mentioned that there was a huge space between the rear axle and the rear bumper. As the spare is on the gate and the tank is in front of the axel , can anyone comfirm storage space accessable under the rear inside deck?
sounds like a good place to put an aux fuel tank to me...

fjcanadian said:
Also, I keep hearing that the rear windows are fixed, does anyone think that by the time they get to production they'll be operational? did anyone see knockouts for buttons on the doors etc. ?
probably not, if they open at all they will likely be the van type that tilt open at the top just a little. look at the contour of the rear doors, there isnt any place for the glass to go...

·
Registered
22 Posts
marketable said:
...Does anyone have anymore pictures of the Black Cherry FJ? I still can't decide between the that one and the blue. The pictures from Ojai have shadows around it.
No pix, but I saw the black cherry at Ojai. I like it. I doubt pix will capture the color. You'll have to see it in person. Looks like burgundy wine in sunlight. I'm guessing almost black at night.

See it before you buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts